• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a war ain't a war before both sides bleed; ghaul / straia
    GHAUL
    i can take you there, but baby, you won't make it back
    He does not typically speak except to offer up grim riddles of a divine conquest, nor is he one for friendly banter. Their journey back to his nesting grounds is quiet until they cross the border. Whether the entity she promised was real or not, he is glad that she has chosen to follow him. Her strength would be squandered elsewhere. This world seeks to contain and muzzle their magpie eyes for greatness. He leans his head down to breathe a soft laugh over the crown of her head.

The Cove will shelter you for as long as you like, regardless of your offerings,” he explains, turning his attention to the brood in his nearby nest. “My only law is that my clutch is to remain untouched. Anyone who goes near them will be torn apart and fed to them.

He stares at them for a while longer, admiring the little buds of warmth in each shell before looking back to her. Though his expression is often hard to read, the flatline of his lips conveys a grave intensity. Ghaul would set fire to every cradle in the nation if his children were ever harmed. But Sochi is a predator with offspring of her own and so he doesn’t feel the need to expand on the matter. Maybe she could even be the one executing anyone breaking this law.

What a bonding experience that would be.

What are your plans for this life, Sochi? I seek conquest, to enslave every master and destroy every crown,” he explains as his previous frown twists upwards. He has dreamt of a world on fire before ever tearing his way from his mother’s womb. It brings him a sense of comfort to imagine the kind of might that will be forged in the ashes he leaves behind.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a war ain't a war before both sides bleed; ghaul / straia - by ghaul - 04-28-2020, 09:56 PM