• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me who i am and who i could be; thorn
    Thorn tiredly shakes his head at Flower's protests. There is nothing, he thinks. Nothing. He knows how to fix it, but does he really? The rare times that he catches his reflection in a still pool of water, he isn't sure who he is looking at.

Is that Thorn, son of Wonder and Nightlock, gangly boy with a heart of meant to surge over insurmountable mountains?

Or is that Thorn, wretched bearer of curses, naive fool too simple to understand what a true apology is?

Amends, is what the monster had spat at him when it finally vomited out the pegasus. Make amends, it had said, but it had also laughed - because a creature of that magnitude understood that amends is exactly what Thorn will struggle with. The stallion has always been quiet and apologetic when need be, but he grew into the kind of man that merely stepped into normalcy hours later in the hopes that whatever tiff from before wasn't a big deal.

I hate you, Thorn had hissed.

I'm sorry, is what he can't whisper.

"Gahhh," he says under his breath, closing tired lilac eyes.

Flower is showering him in love, tugging at his mane and rolling her cool, soothing skin into his. A smile, loving like it should be, finds Rue when she looks up. Thorn feels the strength of her love steady his heart and breath new life into his bones. The nearly inaudible groan from before turns into a relieved ahhh. Thorn presses his cheek tightly to his sister's, basking in love so bright it could be the sun.

"I only healed you, Ruby," the sabino says on a long, relaxed sigh. "You are here now all by your own doing." He finds this to be a deep truth, and the bitter part of his mind dares Flower to argue with him, just so he can show her how much he does deserve this curse.

"Maybe one day we can try the Mountain, but for now, humor me. Tell me when you felt most loved. Things like that help ease the ache of my chest."
    thorn
    under your skin, over the moon

don't let me in, I don't know what I'd do

roses are fallin', roses from fallin' for you, ooh

@[flower]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: show me who i am and who i could be; thorn - by thorn - 05-27-2020, 11:03 PM