• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  your heart, measured in mountains, fell and climbed
    flutter

i will always hold you close

She woke to blue skies and warm sunshine splashed over every surface. It pooled in the hollow of her back and the curve of her hip, warmed her face until at last she woke to it with a yawn. With a groan and a stretch, she rises, letting those huge feathery wings unfurl from her shoulders to catch even more of this rare autumn warmth. “Finally,” she says, smothering a second yawn as tiny fluttery wings bat against her dark jaw, “a nice day to go explore.”

Which is of course what she and Flit are doing about an hour later when the sky turns from blue to steel and opens up on them without any warning. The sound she makes is equal parts gurgle and growl and pure exasperation, and exactly no part ladylike, as Flit flutters anxiously into the tangles of Flutter’s dark mane to stay dry. The problem with having a moth for a companion, is that rain is basically just exactly the same as the end of the world.

With little Flit hidden away against her neck, she carefully picks her way through the dense green forest until she notices a darkening absence of sky through the trees ahead. Upon closer inspection, she realizes it must be a mountainside, and that mountains have caves and caves are shelter and Flit needs shelter. Which of course leaves no room for any kind of wariness or apprehension of the things that live inside deep dark caves. Really, what's the worst thing that could be inside, a bat? Okay sure, probably not great if you’re a moth and particularly large and delicious looking.

There’s a sudden angry fluttering against her neck as Flit makes furious moth gestures with her wings. “WELL IT’S NOT LIKE I’M GONNA LET IT EAT YOU.” Flutter says all loud and exasperated as she steps out of the rain and into the stone and damp earth of a very dark cave.

Eat you.
    Eat you.
    Eat you.

The girl frowns at the ominous echo as her words sail away and then return back to them. “Okay, I’ll admit that wasn’t great.” She says to Flit, the little moth having wedged her way halfway out to peer around the dark with giant black eyes and the cutest white feathery antennae. But the echo and the dark are already working their magic on the pair, and Flutter takes a casual nonchalant step back towards the cave opening.  “So on a scale from like, indigestion to say, carnivorous dark cave of death,” she makes a face, thoughtful and maybe just a little comical, “remind me how bad rain is for you again?”

Flit flutters furiously.

but i will learn to let you go

@[phaetra]

catnip

It rains, but Catnip doesn't mind. She smiles beneath the canopy of the thick copse of trees she's walking under. A little droplet lands between her eyes so she turns her nose to the sky in wonder. Her tongue sticks out to catch the cool water but the leaves make it hard for the rain to make it through; and instead of landing in her mouth, one little teardrop falls right down her left nostril.

Eyes widening in shock, the girl prances in place and violently shakes her head. An uncomfortable lump forms in her throat, but still -

Catnip does not even frown.

The filly looks up once again, using her magic to weave the leaves directly above her so tightly together that no water may fall through. Then, while under her makeshift protection, she gently asks the trees to lean their branches far enough apart to allow more rain to fall through. Here, she watches with wide, yellow, curious eyes. That big smile from before turns into a childish grin.

When she is done with her observation, she whispers, "Thank you, trees." She imagines that their waving trunks and branches are their way of saying you're welcome.

Catnip wanders out of the collection of trees, a bit aimless but content all the same. It takes a while to find the cave Flutter is hidden, but she finally does, and she certainly cannot resist the call of the shadows. A bit naive and nonsecular, the little green filly has no idea what danger might lurk in the darkness.

Though evil often hides in shadows, what Catnip finds is playful girl. She gasps, excited, peering at Flutter as if she has never seen another horse before.

"Hi!" she yells, then balks when her voice echoes. "Oh, I'm sorry!" This time she is quieter, head dipped a bit shyly to her chest. "I'm Catnip! Who are you?"

DESIGN BY LITTLEWILLOW

@[flutter] :)))) <3 i decided to send catnip. idk how old she really is but i'm playing her right between baby and yearling
    flutter

i will always hold you close

There is a cacophony of sound as Flutter all but trips over herself in an effort to turn towards the sound of the new voice echoing through the rock walls like a trapped bird. It’s not that this voice is particularly startling - in fact it is as soft and childish as her own is - it’s just that it had come out of nowhere while she and Flit had been debating carnivorous shadows.

She falls into stillness again, legs braced and eyes wide, dark galaxies stretched from throat to chest, and she smiles. Because the voice belongs to a beautiful sunshine-eyed girl about her own age, with skin as soft as green as moss, and hair like the petals of lilacs. “You’re so beautiful!” She says at once, the color of her own voice lavender with such gentle admiration. “If you tell me you’re a flower, I will almost certainly believe you.”

She takes a few steps closer, and her delicate hooves ring out like stone against a clay and shale cave floor until she is close enough to reach out and touch her nose to the other girls’ to make sure she is real and not just some fairy apparition. “It’s nice to meet you Catnip, my name is Flutter!”

She really does look like a pretty meadow flower, those eyes like the bright yellow center, her hair the pastel petals, and of course her body the stem and leaves. Flutter thinks she must look so dark in comparison with her smoky black roan skin and snowflake stockings. At least she got dad’s beautiful stars, she’s so proud of those, stretched all down her throat and over the entirety of her delicate chest. Oh! And her wings! She thrusts them wide and sudden, as though her thoughts are aloud and not just trapped inside her head, and then flushes pink beneath her fur as she pulls them back again.

“I was just about to go exploring, but Flit is afraid of the dark.” Obviously Flutter isn’t afraid of the dark, her daddy basically owns the dark. He’s the coolest. She would’ve said so to Catnip, but maybe her daddy is less cool and it would have hurt her feelings.

but i will learn to let you go

@[catnip]

catnip

Catnip watches with glowing and doe-like eyes. She is soft and yet sharp, sweet in nature but quick in wit. One can see that in the way her yellow gaze traces every bit of Flutter, from the snowflake stockings to the stars splattered like blood across her neck. The smile that lifts her lips is geniune, but it holds its secrets: namely, the spirits that she can hear just beneath her hooves.

"Wow," Cat murmurs when with a delighted gaze she catches Flutter's wings. "How cool!" she exclaims, leaving the now tucked wings to find the other girl's eyes again.

"You're beautiful, too, Flutter," the plant manipulator says with a voice barely above a whisper. "We have matching legs," she adds as an afterthought, once again leaving Flutter's gaze to study another part of her. They do: four wrapped in silver snowflakes and four wrapped in vines of green and roses of yellow. Cat only lacks the drama of space splashing across her neck and - she finds she envies it, swallowing the bitter flavor of suddenly feeling very plain.

The ghosts below them speak louder now, eager to get a chance to leave the afterlife even if it means they must do a child's bidding. Cat swallows, taking a moment to think (her head tilts when she does this, terribly angelic and childlike in thought).

"We can go look in the cave because I have guards," she offers, hesitation keeping her from sounding excited. Two forms begin to take shape on either side of her hindquarters. "They're really good at being in the dark, and they have to protect us if I tell them to."

DESIGN BY LITTLEWILLOW

@[flutter]