• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas
    He wasn't made to wait long. In barely the time it took to slip from one skin into the other, the scent of her overtook him. An instinctive shiver ran the length of his spine, drawing a leathery rasp from his wings. The bluish white of his lips parted slightly, drawing her scent more deeply over his tongue. He would have called out if she hadn't beat him to it. 

Instead he turned with precise slowness. Contrasting eyes gleamed with his inner flame as the still too-thin mare approached on trembling legs. His tongue stayed immobile as she began talking, shouting really, across the distance she was keeping between them. The lines of his face grew sharp with distaste at her grovelling. It was unflattering, and felt like a new kind of lie for the mare he knew should have been above such a pitiful display. 

Wings flaring out in echo of her own fluttering feathers, he rumbled a disgusted snarl. "Stop sniveling. I'm not here to fight you." It occurred to him that perhaps it would be kinder just to eat her. But no, that train of thought had been contemplated before, and had resulted poorly for all involved. Instead, he made himself take deliberate steps closer to the winged mare, never once letting his gaze slip from her figure. 

When he was close enough to not shout, he halted, noting very minimal improvement to the ragged woman's exterior. Then again, it wasn't the exterior he was concerned with. "You have one chance. One. To be straight with me and explain what the hell happened. If I think you're lying even a little bit, I [Ii]will[/i] remove your head from your neck and I am not even slightly interested in making that a fair fight." His jaw opened slightly, just enough to let the island sunlight glint off a mouthful of teeth that were decidedly jagged. "I suggest you start talking. Now." 

It was very decidedly not a suggestion. 

@[Eyas]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: This ain't a scene, it's a god damn arms race // Eyas - by Santana - 04-30-2020, 06:28 PM