• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  turn your face towards the sun

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

Good, old, predictable @[Lepis]. Three very distinct modifiers that Wolfbane - er, I mean, Castile - considered when he saw the way his interruption ruffled the cream-and-gold pegasus, so to speak. Good; she thought he was Castile, then. Her reaction pretty much convinced Bane of his own safety in this skin. She wasn’t happy - but she wasn’t under the impression that she should be on her guard.
    Old; the same tone she took with Castile was the one she took with any horse Lepis considered ‘in the wrong’. When she spoke like this, what she really meant to say was: your opinion is not my own, so therefore you are wrong.

Bane had always thought that tone was especially endearing, but as he lowered his head and ground his teeth together for the Queen to see, (even Castile would be irritated by how masterfully she could turn a question into a condescending remark) Wolfbane wondered how he had ever managed to fall in love with such a noisy harpy in the first place. The way she talked! Like claws being scraped painfully over rocks; the noise of it sent a vibrating hum of black rage through his entire being.

He stopped walking toward her. The scenery of the Crescent Pond behind her was like a dream: the water, fed by unseen branches of many other streams, was alive and quietly lapping at the shore behind her. Past the reeds and edible ground bushes, an open area of sandy loam - more clay and silt than anything - left a bare spot at the very edge of the scenic picture. Many horses had come and gone from the water’s warmth through that same beachy area. Castile’s eyes seemed lost for a moment, his mind gone somewhere else while they stared at that small, empty bank, and then they returned to the details of Lepis’ face which had become sharp and distinct close-up.

“That you’re insufferable, for one thing.” He seemed determined to say this, determined to make her hear the words out of this particular mouth even if she refused to believe them. A breath or two of silence passed, accentuated by Castile’s hard, familiar glare, and then he begrudgingly added, “But most importantly, you’re family. My family.” before she could say anything at all.

“I’ve come too close to losing too many horses I considered just that - family. In the end, I refuse to lose another. I know that you know what I’m talking about.” His dark face softened at the non-mention of Gale, and maybe even an undercurrent of the loss she associated with Wolfbane too, if she felt any at all. The gold band arcing over his face glimmered softly when he spoke. “So I came here, but I’m not staying! Just to talk.” Wolfbane-who-was-Castile considered with a hard, throaty sigh.

It was hard for Castile to admit or show emotion aside from the emotion one considered a Dragon King to have. Harder even for Wolfbane, to pretend to have any in the first place.

Predictable; the one thing he could continue to count on in Lepis when she couldn’t trust him as far as she could spit. At her core he knew her, and the one thing she considered more often than the wellbeing of Loess was the wellbeing of their beloved children and those rare, few equines who’d been close to Lepis from the start. Close enough to be family, even if they weren’t. Wolfbane had warned her when they split that he would come for her, if she tried to take Elio or Celina away. He had said, in uncertain terms, that he would do what was necessary to win - even if that meant using the one thing she loved most against her.

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Disguised as Castile  ◉  Mood: Dangerous

[Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    turn your face towards the sun - by Lepis - 04-23-2020, 01:26 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Wolfbane - 04-23-2020, 03:37 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Lepis - 04-23-2020, 04:40 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Wolfbane - 04-28-2020, 07:31 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Lepis - 04-28-2020, 08:14 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Wolfbane - 05-04-2020, 10:40 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Lepis - 05-05-2020, 08:43 AM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Wolfbane - 05-09-2020, 09:52 PM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Lepis - 05-10-2020, 08:36 AM
    RE: turn your face towards the sun - by Wolfbane - 05-11-2020, 10:54 PM