• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    [open]  “i've dug some graves”
    Wow, he’s really done it this time, gone and signed himself up for work. Plummy lips often move, before the weight of words register, his downfall. That offer is already sinking in his chest, rolling down towards his stomach where it lands like a rock, heavy and unpleasant in his gut.

Unfortunate.

Ivo remains still as they speak, holding the weight of his body evenly, the only movement coming from his tail or his ears the bend to listen. The shifting of his ocean eyes as they diligently watch the performance of the scavengers.

He’s too lazy to make the effort of adjusting, mind busy trying to see his way out of too much labor. What was he thinking when he said all that?

“I wonder how difficult it would be to obtain one of the entities…”. His words trail off, only loud enough for the two equines present to discern. It’s one of those faults that followed him, akin to the reason his last pilgrimage did not work out so well. It’s just easier if someone else, or something else does the work for you.

Is that so wrong?

“Just any old earth magic,” he lets the thought sit, thinking about who he knows, what he’s seen- the list is short, uneventful.

As bare as the bones are becoming.

“What a drag,” work, checking the meadow, making acquaintances, gathering information.

“Suppose I better work on my tithe,” a sigh of a statement, and it is now that he moves again, as though the work were already heavy against his shoulders. Weighing him down before the first stone has been lifted.

If only he could pay in blood, feed this land his essence, a monthly tariff- being immortal had its perks, he can't help but wonder if that would work.

“Are there any places of power here, do you know?” The thought of sacrifice has the gears rolling, does this land pay homage to a holy place- or presence?
    ivo
    words:  tags: @[Chemdog] HTML by Call

Messages In This Thread
    “i've dug some graves” - by Chemdog - 04-22-2020, 07:40 PM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Ivo - 04-24-2020, 12:44 AM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Chemdog - 04-24-2020, 01:00 PM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Ivo - 04-26-2020, 10:35 AM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Chemdog - 04-30-2020, 06:09 AM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Ivo - 05-05-2020, 10:20 AM
    RE: “i've dug some graves” - by Chemdog - 05-08-2020, 07:05 AM