• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

it seems that everything i love is so far away

boy what's normal to you? 'cause that sure ain't normal to me.

Up against the grassy, yellow landscape of Silver Cove, Litotes looks like he might belong. As a lion, his head hangs low, mane protruding from the swaying tall grass. A cool, autumnal breeze twists some of locks together, and Lie shakes his head irritably. Here, in this little block of land, he looks like he could be in the sahara. He laments the Litotes that used to stand proud on this ground, looking like king despite his lack of a lion's natural habitat.

Ahead of him, a herd of deer mingle and graze. They are on edge, judging from their swiveling heads and constantly twitching ears. Lie presses flat to the earth, eyes picking out the delicate outlines of their legs. His stomach rumbles at the thought of a hot, fresh kill. He is frustrated, knowing that being hunted by dragons has changed how they exist in this land, though he does not fault Clarissa or Ghaul. It's just that he is too old and too calmed to be fucked to try very hard.

Still, Lie edges closer, the idea of hunting after going without it for so long enough to drag that will out of him.

The herd senses him, but not before it's too late. The lion launches forward as they begin to scatter, sights set on one young, lone stag. Dirt flies up beneath his claws as he flies after the bounding creature. Lie lets out a vicious snarl when he catches the deer, mouth then wrapping unforgivingly around his prey's neck.

The deer does not go down quietly, but once it's down, Lie ends its suffering quickly.

Blood stains the white fur of Litotes' mouth when he spots the familiar form of Dawn making her way down a path to the pebble-strewn beach. He considers rushing to her, asking her how she is, what their daughters up to, where Darkling is; but, he doesn't. He sits up, wraps his tail around his front paws and watches until she is out of sight.

Lie grabs what is left of his kill (one leg is untouched - his belly is pleasantly full). The grassy knoll he sits on ends with the cliff to the beach that gives this land its name. It's late afternoon and the sun is hot, but Lie still begrudgingly decides to make the extra effort of taking this leg to Dawn.

He finds her on the beach, black rocks making her palomino stand out. The ground is cool when the lion sits. He drops the leg and looks up at his once-lover.

"Hey, Dawn," he says with a boyish smile. "It's so good to see you. I brought you this."

and if i fall would you know that to do?
    and if i'm caught up would you stay?

Litotes

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it seems that everything i love is so far away - by litotes - 04-27-2020, 09:08 PM