• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  The Sweet Sting || Lilliana ||

I believe I'd die if I only could

I sure feel strange, but it sure feels good

He doesn’t particularly like the tone of her voice. How dare she? Correct him? Accuse him of speaking falsehood when her own conflict was so obviously readable? She stepped toward him and Wolfbane laughed, more of a throaty scoff if anything. He wouldn’t bother engaging in such an offensive display, not while Yanhua and Nashua were here. Not when they both knew the truth: @[lilliana] couldn’t run or scream or ‘fight’ fast enough to save her own life. And with her out of the way, who was there to stop him from taking exactly what he wanted?

For a second that knowledge passed silently from his eyes to Lilli’s own, and then they fell with a beaming smile down on Nashua. For his son he was angelic, smoothing away every hard line and dispelling any possible hint of a shadow from over his face, blowing a sweet gust of his own scent - a breath of air - in the colt’s direction.

“If?” He questioned absently, not exactly ready to give the slender chestnut mare any semblance of his attention while she was behaving so... immaturely. Well, the way she was acting almost made him think… No! It almost made him think she didn’t want him around, but that couldn’t be the case, could it? “Not at all,” his father laughed inside his head, remembering their star-crossed courtship, and Wolfbane couldn’t help but feel giddy despite the resentment coming off Lilliana’s skin.

Abruptly, his attention moved and so did he. A faint shimmer of what looked like light but was merely a trick of the eye passed over Bane’s body, leaving him entirely changed - nearly instantly. He’d shifted so fast and so completely that every cell jumped simultaneously at the command. The pigment in his skin had flashed all at once, giving an illusion of reflected light. He was suddenly gone and the space he’d occupied empty, but not because he’d left.

He was standing there, waiting. Waiting for the mother and her boys afterward to see that nothing scary or terrible was about to devour them. No looming demon with rows of jagged teeth, no tentacle monster (thank the gods). They blinked or moved or what-have-you, and in that brief millisecond of time Wolfbane had re-shaped himself into a miniature version. An adorable, cheeky little foal with his dimensions and color and wings, just standing there quietly and patiently with a positively devilish smile. A smile far too old for the younger face it inhabited.

“If you let me stay we can play tag!” His voice erupted out in a shrill, youthful laugh that bounced eerily off the redwoods. He tilted his blue-gold head and slapped his short, stringy tail. “Or we can practice with our wings,” his flexed and fluttered uselessly, “or we can play my favorite game!” Bane’s eyes sparkled with genuine childlike joy; he stamped his restless hooves and looked up at Lilliana, daring her to go against instinct and lash out at a child while Yanhua and Nashua looked on.

“We could play hide-and-go-seek.”

For this thread:  Sex: M  ◉  Appearance: Normal  ◉  Mood: Dangerous

[Image: Wolfbane2.png][Image: 3bCHvj.png]

Messages In This Thread
    The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by Wolfbane - 04-05-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by lilliana - 04-08-2020, 07:35 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by Wolfbane - 04-08-2020, 09:21 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by lilliana - 04-08-2020, 11:28 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by Wolfbane - 04-09-2020, 08:11 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by lilliana - 04-10-2020, 05:27 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by Wolfbane - 04-22-2020, 03:07 PM
    RE: The Sweet Sting || Lilliana || - by lilliana - 04-22-2020, 07:07 PM