• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  slipped the surly bonds of earth
    and underneath the layers, I find myself asking what's left
    a hollowed out form, the skeleton of a ghost, the pitiful echo of what once was
    For an entire year, Castile has been unable to shift into his natural self.
    For an entire year, he has been unable to truly embrace his son.

The pain grips him, the ache drumming in his chest. With every wing fall from the Mountain, Castile imagines the anticipation. It seems like an eternity since he even last saw Alcinder with Lepis close at hand. They haven’t had a moment in seclusion, understanding and learning each other as father and son should.

(Soon)
    Not soon enough.

Even as his life crumbles by poor decisions, there’s excitement spurring his entire flight – a face, a moment, to look forward to. Amid the chaos, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

It’s Alcinder, tucked finally inside the confines of Loess, safe from harm. It’s the sight of him haphazardly alighting on a distant plateau.

A smile stretches across the dragon’s scaled mouth, exposing all his crocodilian teeth. His pace quickens, spearing through the clouds before banking and gradually spiraling downward. His claws crumble away an edge of the plateau when he heavily lands. A wind buffets his son from the descending momentum, but then there is a stillness that envelopes them. Castile’s mismatched eyes look down at his boy, admiring him for what he is becoming. An admiring puff of air escapes his nostrils. Out of habit, he almost reaches forward, but remembers what the faerie has restored.

Excitedly, Castile’s body minimizes and reverts into that of a horse so that he may, for the first time, truly pull Alcinder into him for a loving embrace. His eyes close and the smile on his face broadens.

If only this could last forever.

Albeit reluctantly, Castile slowly withdraws and traces the yearling with curiosity to identify what features have been inherited from him versus Oceane. Such a handsome boy. ”My son,” he says in a sweet baritone, ”How are you?” What have I missed, he doesn’t say.

castile

@[Alcinder]

Messages In This Thread
    slipped the surly bonds of earth - by Alcinder - 03-31-2020, 01:30 PM
    RE: slipped the surly bonds of earth - by Castile - 04-04-2020, 09:05 PM
    RE: slipped the surly bonds of earth - by Castile - 04-11-2020, 01:21 PM
    RE: slipped the surly bonds of earth - by Castile - 04-21-2020, 03:50 PM
    RE: slipped the surly bonds of earth - by Castile - 04-30-2020, 03:14 PM