• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  through the love and loss until the end; birthing

you got a cold hard truth
    i got a bottle of whiskey but i got no proof

For the loss that @[Brazen] bears so beautifully and stoically, Lilliana hides her in a million little ways.

They are similar in the way that they don’t want to burden the other though. And really, when the thought has crossed Lilliana’s mind, what is there to say? Whatever dead stars they harbor in their chests, whatever galaxies that have gone dark, shining a light on a black hole doesn’t stop it from swallowing it.

Motherhood makes her more affectionate than usual, makes her glow outwardly and whatever void exists in the copper chest of Lilliana, she doesn’t let intrude on this moment. The copper mare reaches out and playfully tugs on her forelock. Meeting her smiling blue eyes to Brazen, she says, "I refuse too.”

She raises her head and feels a brow arch, considering her friend as she rebukes her back. It only feeds into her teasing and Lilliana grins, "I always pictured you with a large family. Have four at once and you could be done.” Her blue eyes spark playfully before shrugging, "Or you could be an overachiever and aim for quintuplets.”

The question that she asks might surprise Brazen but it stems from the things that they don’t talk about, stems from that very first conversation they shared in Beqanna. They both know what it is to have a family and to exist in the absence of them; Lilliana has shared what she can bear with her and she’s seen what once existed in Brazen’s life. Dovev, Dagen, and then eventually, Heartfire.

Lilliana drops her head, blowing softly into the flaxen mane of one of her boys. They are sweet and small and perfect. Lifting her gaze to meet the deeper blue of Brazen, she says, "Them.” She nearly chokes on the word because this is not asking Brazen to keep an eye on Neverwhere on her trips between Taiga and Nerine. This is not asking her to trust her as the two of them venture into Pangea. These are her children and because it’s Brazen, she knows exactly why she asks this of her.

Because if there is anyone else she would trust her sons with, it would be Brazen.

"Gods forbid,” she says with a rueful smile, "but if something happens to me, I want them with you. Their family.”

LILLIANA

but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: through the love and loss until the end; birthing - by lilliana - 05-02-2020, 12:08 PM