• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  through the love and loss until the end; birthing
    The nip that Brazen gives earns the bone-armored mare the brief spark of an impish grin, a ghost of a smile ready to haunt through the dark edges of her mouth. Lilliana doesn’t quite snort but she gives a loud exhale instead, followed by a quick bump to the end of her friends nose. One of the few places not covered on a body perhaps made more for fighting than friendship.

It doesn’t matter to Lilliana; the mare who has followed in her pacing hoofsteps the last few (anxious) months has infinitely earned the latter.

There is a proud arc in her neck as her blue eyes drop, studying their sleeping forms again. There are new perfections to find, new wonders to twine her heart around and each time she looks at them… it’s breathtaking. They find some new way to take the air from her lungs completely, for her heart to swell so full that Lilliana doesn’t think there is an ocean in any known world to contain it.

How does she explain something like to Brazen? How does she explain how eternally grateful she is that she is here, with them?

It’s the age-old battle with her - the struggle of finding the words, fighting the restraint and unable to even find a plausible explanation, Lilliana lifts her gaze to look back at her companion. The heart of her is there, hanging on her proverbial sleeve and the chestnut doesn’t mind that Brazen sees it. It dissolves beneath a playful shimmer, "My sons?” Lilliana teasingly scrutinizes the other mare until her smile returns, "They must get it from their Aunt.”

She lowers her eyes once more to admire them (how can she not?), one more assuring glance downward that becomes momentarily veiled by her copper forelock. There was a whole lifetime before this moment and now, she thinks, this is the only one that matters. Glancing upward once more, she quietly (and primly) says, "I can’t wait for you to have quadruplets.”

Lilliana almost laughs. The smile curves and almost spreads to laughter. It’s the soft firelight glow of her sons that holds it back. This life - this moment now might be the only one that matters - but she has a whole lifetime of mistakes behind her to remind her of the old one. "@[Brazen],” she suddenly asks, "Can I.. can I ask something of you?”

LILLIANA

all that i'm after is a life full of laughter
    (as long as i'm laughing with you)

art by vhitany
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    RE: through the love and loss until the end; birthing - by lilliana - 04-21-2020, 04:23 PM