• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

She knows she shouldn’t be surprised by the dun mare’s words. The feeling had been in her gut the second after she asked the question. There was no certainty in what could possibly help her dragon grandfather. It wasn’t until now that Dracarys fully understood what it meant when her parents instilled into her that her dragon heritage was powerful. There was uncertainty when it came to their actions and fear when it came to their emotions.

Her dragon blood could make her reckless, an emotional hurricane ready to tear anything in her path apart. One simple thought, one simple decision, could change it all. She could destroy anything—like her grandfather. It only made more sense now why her hellhound father had been so determined to teach her, to make sure she understood why, self-discipline was important. Her restraint was important for situations like these, to be able to think with a clear head and make decisions that were necessary.

The blue roan mare peers at Lepis with a curious gleam in her eye. It already seemed apparent that Lepis knew the danger that would come if her grandfather remained their leader in his current state. Loess could potentially lose control and there could be chaos. She is surprised that her grandfather let go of his position so easily, but she does not doubt the skill that Lepis has to persuade others. Even Dracarys had felt the power that the dun mare had when first meeting her.

“Loess is in good hands then,” she says as a soft smirk curls on her blue stained lips.

Dracarys doesn’t think twice about the change of leadership. It only made sense to make such a vast change considering the recent events. Lepis taking over was still beneficially to her, and she would not dare speak against that. Despite the tragedy that she witnessed within the North, Dracarys cannot help but feel hopeful for her own future. It simply was an obstacle in her pathway, a circumstance she knows she must reflect and learn from.

The other mare mentions speaking to her grandfather. It was necessary to happen for Lepis to fully understand the situation that took place on the frozen island. Perhaps it was something Dracarys should do herself too, but that might be better later. Even with clearing her own head, she could still feel her bitterness boiling underneath her. Although, it was unlikely to come out again, there was no denying the dragon’s wrath that flowed through her.

Lepis then decides sending an emissary or going herself to Icicle Isle would be ideal. The dragon mare couldn’t agree more. It would be wise political move to make in order to flatten any rumors that it was an act directly from Loess.

Her gaze flickers away for a moment, towards the northern horizon. The thought of accompanying Lepis on the diplomatic visit crossed her mind now. Dracarys knew well enough that one day she would need to return to the frozen island and see the outcome herself. It seemed sensible to delay the visit and allow herself some time to heal, but Dracarys knew herself well enough that she could not wait. She needed to rid herself of distractions that would come if she did not face her uncertainty sooner, understand more of her dragon blood, and learn from what had happen.

Waiting was out of the question.

Her gaze flickers back to Lepis when she speaks again, meeting her gaze directly. Dracarys is intrigued by the hidden skill Lepis offers her, but she knows laying low to dwell on her thoughts and within her emotions will not help her one bit. “I would like to accompany you if you are to go,” she says firmly but with a tone of respect. “It will not be beneficially for me to stay here if I cannot see the aftermath of it all.” Dracarys needed closure—she needed to be able to turn the page and end the chapter of this story. She didn’t want to find herself drifting back to the past. Moving forward is all that she could do now. “I would like to accept your help.” A clear head is what Dracarys needed most now, her emotions were knotted together, and her mind battling against her heart.

@[Lepis]
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Dracarys - 04-16-2020, 04:58 PM