• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any
    i feel
    a bad moon rising
    There is fire in the dragon blood, Lepis knows, running deeper in them than just the flames that a handful of them exhale. The dun mare has not missed the signs of that in the blue creature in front of her. They are quick to emote, as swift to rage as to mourn, and but Dracarys has a solid grip on herself, one that Lepis with her specialized magics is easily able to identify and admire. The roan had been furious – and rightfully so – but she does not allow that fury to cloud her actions past the point of logic. Instead, she pulls it back, wrapping it in determination that shines in her silver-blue eyes just as brightly as the anger had.

If it would not have been terribly out of place, Lepis might have smiled. She likes the blue mare, and admires her restraint.

He dopesn’t care for what he did then, Dracarys muses aloud, and though Lepis does not argue that aloud she does purse her lips and tilt her head slightly to the left, a sign that she does not agree entirely. His actions certainly suggest that he does not care, but the dun pegauss cannot bring herself to believe that he doesn’t care at all. Simple that he didn’t care enough – or at least didn’t have enough control to care. It would be easier to blame him and let that be the end of it, but Lepis knows the man too well. Dracarys speaks of the downfalls of ambition to Lepis, an ambitous creature herself. Well, she thinks with a small shake of her head, at least she’s never set anything on fire.

"I don’t know how to help him," she admits. "But I have already done what I must to protect Loess, and took charge when he left. Left to burn the Icicle Isle, it seems." Her tone is almost wry, and would be so if Dracarys were able to be more certain about the outcome of the Isle. The residents had fought to save their home, it sounds like, though Lepis is surprised there were residents at all. She had released Jesper, their leader, less than a half-day earlier. He can’t have made it back to the Isle in that time, even running full speed.

Somehow she doubts the black stallion will feel grateful for the fact that his captivity might have saved him from being burnt alive. She can’t really blame him, though. It is only logical that Dracarys’ mind turns to ware and retribution. Given what she knows of the world, it is only expected that retaliation will soon follow. Lepis’ mind is elsewhere though, both because she doubts the Isle capable of war so soon after an attack, as well as doubts the likelihood of the north to give it to them. Still, better to act than react, and she is already nodding by the time Dracarys asks what will happen next.

"I will speak to Castile. In the meantime, we should send an emissary to Icicle Isle. Not to apologize – as Castile acted alone and this is no fault of ours – but to see how they fare, and to offer aid if they need it. Perhaps I should go myself." She muses this aloud, but does not verbalize the possibility of Dracarys coming with her. The woman has clearly been disturbed by what she witnessed, and Lepis would not ask this of her. If she volunteers though, that might be another matter.

"You are distressed." Lepis says, and though it seems at first abrupt, there is a stillness in her blue-grey gaze when she meets the other’s eyes directly. "And understandably so. I could help you with that, for a while at least. Give you time to process your emotions?" It is not often that Lepis offers to help others with her skills. She prefers to keep the knowledge of its existence at all to a minimum, but there are always exceptions. But perhaps allowing a fellow Loessian a brief time to regather her thoughts without also battling her emotions is enough of a reason to make one.

@[Dracarys]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Lepis - 04-07-2020, 02:03 PM