• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any

DRACARYS

I have never been nothing. I am the blood of a dragon.

A burning rage hissed inside of her like a deathly poison. Screeching, demanding to be released in the form of violence. It was like a volcano erupting inside of her; fury sweeping off her like ferocious waves. The wrath consumed her, engulfing every principle she ever held and destroying the boundaries of loyalties she built.

Dracarys holds herself together though, as much as she can hold off the volcano erupting inside of her. Her expression is stoic, but the sadness and determination in her bright silver-blue eyes only turn to rage as they scan the alpine horizon. Shadows consume her thoughts, tangling everything that would seem sensible to explain what she had witnessed, but she can only focus on the horror and the madness.

It isn’t until she spots the familiar winged perlino dun mare that she finds herself reeling back into reality. Her expression changes to anger, wearing a hard scowl on her dark blue lips. Lepis must know, she decides.

“Your grandfather desires a bit of chaos,” she remembers Lepis telling her now. Dracarys had been eager to hear, eager to finally step up and make something of herself in Loess. His goals he wanted to achieve only seemed ordinary—to expand Loess. But the events she just witnessed changed everything. If this was the way her grandfather wanted to expand Loess, then she would make damn well sure her opinion was heard.

When the winged mare greets her and states she is happy she has returned Dracarys only scoffs at her. The blue dragon mare dismisses all antics of pleasantry. Such things were such a waste right now when rage filled every bit of her.

“Am I supposed to count myself lucky after my grandfather destroyed someone else’s home?” She spits out without care. “Are these his grand plans for expanding Loess? Destroying lives and tearing families apart? Is this the chaos he desires?” The same chaos that had destroyed another home. She could not forget about the Loess and Tephra war her father told her about. Every detail of it comes back—she is ashamed for being a dragon again and calling herself the granddaughter of Castile. “He couldn’t help himself again after Tephra, could he?” She blurts out not holding her raging thoughts anymore. “Are we just tyrants now?”

@[Lepis]
    [Image: YJta8td.png]
    Profile | Detailed Bio | Character Reference

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Dracarys - 03-31-2020, 07:15 PM