• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  I have never been nothing; lepis, any
    spice up
    that quote
    The path ahead of her is littered with obstacles. Some are simple things, dealt with by simply allowing enough time to pass. Others are more difficult: her people being held by Pangea, the potential blowback of Castile’s actions in the north, the difficulty of restoring to Loess the might and glory that has been allowed to fall away. These issues rank in importance, and the dun monarch means to address them in a set order.

That order is disrupted by the sight of a familiar blue figure. Not a detrimental disruption though; if anything Lepis feels a faint flutter of relief when she recognizes. The woman had been on Icicle Isle at Lepis’ request, seeing how the isolated place faired in the absence of their leader (and if it faired at all). When she had not returned by the time that Castile had flown north, the pegasus had worried for her safety. Yet she stands now in the heart of Loess, looking unharmed.

Unharmed, but unhappy, Lepis sees as she draws closer. What had happened in the North? When Castile had returned the day before, arriving at the kingdom meeting smelling of ash and fire she had not demanded answers of him. There were priorities that came before inquiring into the activities of the dragon, such as insuring that the Loessian lady is safe despite her capture. That responsibility is the cause of the weariness that lines Lepis’ golden face; she had not gotten much sleep this night after returning late from Pangea.

"Dracarys," she says by way of greeting when near enough the spotted roan. "I’m glad to see you’ve returned."

@[Dracarys]
    n | l

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I have never been nothing; lepis, any - by Lepis - 03-28-2020, 09:05 AM