• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  growing black irises in the sunshine
    aquaria
    - THE TIDE IS HIGH, IT'S SINK OR SWIM -

Whatever she had been expecting him to say, it was not what she heard. Violet eyes deep as the sea blinked in startled reaction when he mentioned Pteron. "Uncle" Pteron. She was surprised, but she shouldn't have been. Not when Pteron had been such a formative, if not lingering, influence in her eldest's life. 

Her tigerling seemed to warm to the idea as he spoke it aloud though, as if the plans had been simmering beneath his surface only waiting to leap into reality on his tongue. Much as she wished she could, there'd be no keeping him from them. A wry smile played across the sea mare's face, fondness and worry and a hundred other emotions vying for her attention when all she really wanted to do was hold her baby close. Baby no longer, though, she could see that much. 

A breath exhaled, not heavy enough to be a sigh but ready enough to let itself ruffle his hair. "I don't know what you're going to find. But you have my blessing to look." Please Pteron, don't disappointment him. She couldn't bear the thought of Halcyon's grief if the stallion he'd idolized almost since birth turned him away. 

She pushed the heavy thoughts down. If her boy was leaving in the morning, she wouldn't have it be with a bad taste in his mouth. 

"Now then, if you're all set to have adventures, far be it from me to keep you from them. Just know," and here she did her best (terribly unconvincing) imitation of the growls that rumbled from the tiger's throat occasionally. "If you meet some pretty, charming, fearsome filly while you're out and about, I had better meet her before you make me a granddam." She nipped playfully at the boy's tufted ear. Oh she was not ready to be a grandmother yet. Not when it felt she was only just getting the hang of motherhood.

- MY ONLY RIVAL IS WITHIN -

@[Halcyon]

Messages In This Thread
    growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 03-24-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: growing black irises in the sunshine - by Aquaria - 04-25-2020, 09:57 AM