• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  growing black irises in the sunshine

we wear the mask
    that grins and lies

He smiles up at his mom, recognizing but not acknowledging the soft melancholy of her tone. He knows it must be hard for her, to be so busy and to see her sons growing up at the same time, and though he can't fully understand the weight of the changes around them, he knows that all she wants is the best for them.

Halcyon listens intently as Aquaria lays out the plethora of options for him ─ Uncle Pteron and battling, time spent in Tephra, recruiting for the island, adventures to the mainland ─ truth be told, they all sound enticing to the young tiger who has only just discovered his desire for adventure.

He thinks of Titanya, and Beryl.

His feline eyes turn away from Aquaria as he thinks on the options presented to him. The ocean laps gently at the shoreline before them and the warmth of the summer sun beats down comfortingly. He knows that he would be sad to leave the peacefulness of Ischia permanently for Tephra and the mainland, but ─ "Do you think Uncle Pteron would agree to stay in Ischia for a while?" he asks his mom, a plan evolving in his mind.

"I don't think I'd like to stay in Tephra, but... maybe he would agree to come here, and then on the days I don't study with him I can spend my time recruiting for the island." Maybe someday, the young boy would possess the desire to live elsewhere ─ but not now, as his feeling of duty towards Ischia and Aquaria has just begun to blossom.

"Yeah," he finally says, definitively, "I think that's what I will do. I think I will leave tomorrow to find Uncle Pteron and see if I can't bring him back here for a while," Halcyon says matter-of-factly with a smile for his mom.

@[Aquaria]
    ""
    n | j

Messages In This Thread
    growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 03-24-2020, 02:29 PM
    RE: growing black irises in the sunshine - by Halcyon - 04-18-2020, 02:15 PM