• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The Seasons of life are ever changing.
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    He finds himself in the Field more often than not, and it honestly shows on him that he doesn’t really like that development. He tells himself it’s necessary though. Lives through the stupid stares of other recruiters (he has just as much right to be here as they), or, more in particular, scowls. He knows his unique way of presenting himself and conversing with others - constantly testing them - is not appreciated by everyone.

That’s all part of the game, though. It’s not his fault if one doesn’t want to play.

The new scent - mingled with places he doesn’t know as Beqannan - is easily detected when he walks up to the water hole. The waterfall is just far enough away to be able to converse, a convenient spot in these quickly lengthening days; just cool enough from the nearby water and spray to be comfortable.

The ice-covered roan approaches the new stallion easily, stopping just short of a normal greeting distance. ”I noticed you’re not from around here.” He tilts his head, his eyes gleaming with an odd green tint that wasn’t there before, but he smiles more warmly after that. ”Name’s Leilan. I’m from the north - far as you can get.” he tells him, tail swishing idly. To be honest, he doesn’t want to talk ages about this land and that. He just needs one question answered. ”So, seeing as you’re here in the Field… who are you and what are you looking for in a home?”
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[KAMALI]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The Seasons of life are ever changing. - by Leilan - 03-23-2020, 11:25 AM