• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i feel a bad moon rising
    L E P I S
    i hear the voice of rage and ruin
    Looking away from where she has been tracing the peak of the Mountain and the sound of hooves, Lepis expects to find a stranger, and instead finds a friend. Her navy mouth, before pulled thin in frown, turn up. A smile, bright and genuine, flashes across her face.

It would have stayed longer were it not for Oceane's word choice, the way she speaks as though this can only be a visit, the way she seems to have accepted that the two of them should see each other so infrequently. No, says the vanishing smile, only days should pass before they bump into one another. Not weeks, not months. Oceane belongs in Loess where a conversation does not require a trek across Beqanna.

Yet even with the distance between them (Oceane still decidedly inside the border, and Lepis at the edge of it), there is still a visible question in the mare's eyes, and Lepis answers it a moment after her own verbal greeting. [I'm going to get you home. Al misses you. We all do.] She is grateful that this will not be the first time the striped mare will hear Lepis' words within her mind, and also for this ability to speak without danger of being overheard.

"Castile is...home," she replies, and if there is emphasis on not using safe as a descriptor, at least she does not use another. "He is not himself. He named me regent before leaving, and Loess has left you here overlong." She is here to amend that mistake, Lepis implies without saying as much directly. She has come to Pangea the dawn after calling the kingdom together. The theft of a soldier or minor  diplomat is forgivable - even understandable, for kingdoms must hone such skills. But Oceane is important to Loess for more than the child she'd borne Castile, and Lepis is here in the land of monsters to prove it
    n | l

@[Oceane]

Messages In This Thread
    i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-09-2020, 08:00 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-10-2020, 02:24 PM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-11-2020, 07:18 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Oceane - 03-17-2020, 11:15 AM
    RE: i feel a bad moon rising - by Lepis - 03-18-2020, 06:57 AM