• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open quest]  a burning star - round 1
    The years and destinations had dragged on, the images blurring and the memories becoming just as difficult to pick apart.  Their recollection was imperceptible at its best, and impossible at its worst.  And after awhile she had stopped caring to remember them entirely, letting the days and faces to bleed together and slip between the cracks of indifference and apathy.  Those cracks had grown wider and more cavernous as the days went, and she’d lost something more than memories to its gaping mouth along the way, greater even than that of a family near forgotten and the sense of self she’d once known and would never recover.  But she hadn’t realized it fully - not yet.  Not until a call to the heart reeled her back from Beqanna’s purlieus, chaining her to where her life first started with little more than a silent whim, back to the place that hadn’t so much as crossed her mind twice in recent past. 

The call drags her towards the heart of her homeland , and into the clutch of a solitary woman.  She stood alone on a plain of insignificance, emanating some type of energy that felt like anything was possible or nothing at all.  Oisin might’ve thought herself insane then, to come face to face with a mare who’d not yet spoken a single syllable, drawn by some unheard call, but looked upon her as though the arrival of the gold maned woman had been divinely expected.  But it’s that feeling in understanding that settles the clench in her gut, and she knows she’s right where she needs to be.

She’s not paying much attention to the others as they gather and answer and offer.  They’re quick to reply, but it takes her a moment to clear out the brambles and foggy thoughts holding her tongue captive.  When she does answer, her voice is slight but clear,  and her dark eyes grasp for the attention of the painted mare. <b>”I dream of having a dream.  I don’t know what I want anymore.”</b>  the steadiness of her voice quakes and falters underneath the weight of the truth, but she can be a contrary woman, and she takes a step forward as though she is unaffected.  <b> “I want a direction and a goal, beyond what a kingdom could offer me.  I’m tired of wandering.  Fuck, I’m tired of just existing.”</b>

What could she give?

Oisin considers her freedom, but that’s an obvious choice, something she’d lose in a sense anyway if she’d tie herself to a purpose.  She had nothing obvious to give, so she dives a little deeper, a little further, and pushes into her slumbering creativity.  <b>”Take my heart, my soul, my sight, my hearing.    Or all of it if you’re so inclined. “ </b>  It was all valuable to her, all things she’s not sure she could live without if one were taken away, let alone all of them.  Life would get harder, tasks more difficult, but she would find a way past the obstacles.  She would find a way to become better for it, greater even.  It would be a challenge, but she would be ready.

OOC: Oisin is tied to Nerine.

Messages In This Thread
    a burning star - round 1 - by Straia - 03-02-2020, 04:00 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Leilan - 03-03-2020, 01:18 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Tiasa - 03-03-2020, 07:20 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Castile - 03-04-2020, 02:09 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Ruthless - 03-04-2020, 02:28 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by sochi - 03-05-2020, 11:41 PM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Lepis - 03-06-2020, 06:44 AM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Oisin - 03-06-2020, 07:21 AM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by Beryl - 03-06-2020, 07:37 AM
    RE: a burning star - round 1 - by kildare - 03-06-2020, 07:58 AM