• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  All that is gold does not glitter; Carwyn
    Aodhán

It crossed his mind very briefly that perhaps she’s given him this particular island on purpose; the one neighbouring Carwyn’s son. But he quickly found that the others were all occupied and perhaps there was some wisdom in letting him have his own place; and, bonus, the little sandbank just north of Skye might just make for a fun gathering place between the landbound versus seabound creatures of the world.

Now that he had it though, then came the responsibility of the twins (one apparently hadn’t been enough, as Fate dictated), and what Carwyn wanted. However, being in Ischia with her family again probably wasn’t a bad thing for her at all - just an adjustment. Nevertheless, it seemed to Aodhan that this was the best possible outcome for him. Not having to choose, not having to ask any other to choose, having both his own place and not (it still was only in name, and it still was only one little island, barely enough to feed a family).

But it was enough, and it had never really bothered him to share.

Today, he swims across to Tywyll’s, landing upon their northern shore and whinnying to announce his presence. He’s not one to sit still a lot though, and quickly his shape is changed into that of a parrot, golden and emerald as he searches the bushes for the roan mare.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Carwyn] a quick starter because I’ve taken ages sorry
    The roan mare smiled as she walked through her sons little island. She heard the sound of another call out and decided to find the source. She hadn't been here in Ischia long and had fallen pregnant again. She spotted a golden and emerald colored parrot not far from where she was. Maybe that was Aodhan, she had missed the spotted male who had given her two beautiful children. Carwyn gave the male a smile and said "Hello my dear Aodhan. I have sure missed you." She wandered what he had been up to since she had left the pampas. 

@[Aodhan] Sorry for taking a while to reply
    Aodhán

Even in parrot shape she hadn't looked over him, and the bird quickly changes into a horse shape when she nears. "Hi Carwyn." he grins sheepishly. "I hope you're well. Eva gave me an island to look after, just north of this one." he explains; then, he reaches out to her to touch her. "How are your children?" All of them really - she has quite a few, he knows, most of them by her husband or whats-he-called. He is, of course, mostly interested in how the twins caught up with the move - how they mix with the others, if they're well. But he doesn't want to ask too much of her; he is even unsure of what she told them.

To him, it doesn't really matter - a child is a child and a child will be loved. Just like he loves Carwyn and Eva both, though in a different way for each of them. He also cares for each and every other mare he's known, every child... well, that he knows of. He smiles at Carwyn. She shouldn't need to worry about all of that. She's doing well again, that he can see. Even if it's sort of back where she started.

from the ashes a fire shall be woken

@[Carwyn]