• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents)
    Thankfully, or perhaps out of pity since there was a lot Aten had to deal with, Pteron offers an idea about Ischia, and a flash of hope lights the fire in Aten's heart. It was there for all of a brief moment, however, when he realized Pteron was correct. Very rarely, if ever, would a kingdom perhaps offer another assistance where it was needed without some form of a reward in return, no matter what it may be.

A memory burned in the back of Aten's mind, his older sister. She'd been traded away in much a similar circumstance, as an alliance between two leaders. Aten would never engage in such a practice with his own children, much less the kingdom residents. They deserved the right to choose their own paths in life, not have it stripped away if they were a bargaining chip.

This was a difficult coin to flip though. It seemed that no matter what side it would land on, Aten was stuck, to a degree. Those who lived here may have the will, the spirit, to fight. But against the powers of their enemies, their gifts... even with the ones Aten possessed, and his son as well, and others here that had talents...

Would it be enough to stand up to a dragon shifter? Physically? The power the beasts of the sky held was immense. Turul didn't speak much of what he feared, but there was one thing he always shared. Whenever one of those creatures took to the sky, every raptor was careful to duck between the trees to avoid being it's next meal.

So Aten has more to ask, to say to the younger stallion.

"Perhaps I will think of my own things to offer for the other leaders should we pursue an alliance, Pteron, but I would like to know. What do you refer to when you say 'something' to offer to those we ask for help? It may be along the lines of what I may think, it may not. But no matter, what would you offer in turn? You say we do not have the numbers, the warriors, that another kingdom may expect us to offer. What other things do you believe we can give them to hopefully receive what we need in turn?"

Before Pteron can answer, Ruth cuts in, stating that Nerine has warriors, and that she, like Kalil is learning to do, will do her best to study how they fight to help protect their home. Preparing in any way they can is a good idea, one Aten will not disagree with in the slightest. But if the enemy got wind of what they were doing...

He doubted it would stay completely out of their ears to begin with. They would find out, somehow, he knew. So all they could do is prepare, and hope they would be ready when the time came.

Lilliana also offers her two pints on the matter, saying they could also engage in diplomatic training for those who would be sent to appease other kingdom leaders. Neverwhere says that Nerine will provide sanctuary to those who needed it, and that they will work to protect the redwoods as well. Aten is touched by her offer, grateful, for he knows there may be those out there who, for their own reasons, would wish to avoid fighting.

He himself would, if it was possible, but he would stand ready to defend his kingdom.

Aten stepped back from Lilliana, Pteron, Ruthless, and Neverwhere, so he could address the others gathered as well. However, he did not step back up onto the kopje, simply speaking with a louder voice so every horse could hear him.

"There are matters that must continue to be discussed, but at this current time, I would like to say something important to every horse here. Taiga has appreciated your loyalty for whatever length of time you have lived here, and I sincerely hope that you will continue to do so after everything has resolved. However, I will not ask you to fight, I will not force you to do so if you would rather stay away. For those who wish to avoid what may come, you may venture north with Neverwhere and seek shelter within Nerine's territory.

"For those of you who would stand and fight, you have my eternal gratitude. Along with those who will stand beside us to defend our home, those of us here will engage in training, both with words, and fighting. Those who would like to first help with seeking assistance from other kingdoms once we decide our course, you will train with Lilliana and Izora Lethia. Those who would learn to fight first perhaps, or refine their skills, will train with me. If you perhaps don't wish to train in either manner, but wish to continue helping in your own way, all I would ask is you work to gather whatever information we can use to help us prepare for what is coming."

He took a breath, "I know I am asking a lot of you, even if you would stand beside Taiga without me even requesting it. However, seeing you all here before me, however you wish to help, please know that you will forever hold my eternal gratefulness, along with Taiga's herself, and those who live here. We all need to stand together, not only to protect Taiga's redwoods, but to give each other the strength we will need during this trying time."

@[Pteron] @[lilliana] @[Ruthless] @[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Things Have Changed Once Again (All Kingdom Residents) - by Aten - 03-16-2020, 03:48 AM