• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  queen of the rodeo
    Jude needs somewhere to rest her bones, that is for certain. They buzz and whir and beg her to prance with anxious energy. Without a home, she is a shark, destined to keep moving lest she die. And that predator’s smile? Oh, that shark’s smile . . . hundreds of teeth vibrating with that same restless energy.

It’s violent, really. Violent and cold. Lonely, too, perhaps.

Life holds a bitter reality that the pegasus has yet to come to terms with. Jude’s new disappearing and reappearing antlers give her a mania that keeps her high, high above the ground. The old Jude, one weighed down and sad, would be frightened—maybe even horrified—with the bloodshed she now wears like a badge. Perhaps one day the pegasus will find disgust again, but for now? For now she simply cannot be assed. And she says that, in her sweet, sweet southern accent:

“Why, I just simply cannot be assed!” A useless call into the trees followed by a peal of laughter. Jude’s not maddened—not yet—but an average spectator might think her to be. She wouldn’t care, either—if such an observer found her deranged. That little sip of blood, the taste of murdering her own form, carried her swiftly from her insecurities and wrongdoings. Here, in the Forest where she first found violence, Jude is reborn.

@[Ashhal] she's gonna gonna give him a lil smooch

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

He knows about rebirth. Gods, does he fucking know about rebirth. Annoying as shit is what it is. Why anyone might find it invigorating, he wouldn’t be able to fathom. Luckily for him, he doesn’t actually know jack shit about what she’s cackling about. Not that he would’ve asked anyway.

Still, on this particular day, he finds himself equally as agitated as she is. That fucking cave had done something to him. Some kind of bullshit swipe into emotions he simply cannot fucking have. Nope. No way. No how. Not after goddamned years. He wasn’t idiot enough to think he’d be any fucking different than the rest of them anyway.

Which all boiled down to one thing. He damned well needed to forget her.

The trilled words that find him through the trees set him on edge, but maybe it’s just the exact fucking distraction he needed. Whipping around, he stalks forward, the pink of her silhouette easily visible through the trees. She looks vaguely familiar, but honestly, he couldn’t be assed either to figure out why right now. Maybe it’d come to him later.

“Congratu-fucking-lations,” he growls, his tone matching the sentiment. “No one actually gives a shit.”

To say that Jude remembers Ashhal would be a stretch, but the faintest of recollections does tickle at the back of her mind. This smile—the one that barely stretches her lips, the one that sits upon her mouth like most translucent of ghosts—offers any onlooker a second’s glimpse into the kind of maddening woman they’re dealing with.

And boy, one Jude sets her eyes upon something she finds so completely a piece of her, will they have something to deal with.

Jude considers Ashhal just that: a little piece of her. The memories of a more innocent time (if one can ever consider her innocent) tickle the back of her mind, just enough to send shivers of interest and pleasure down her spine. Handsome and uncouth, curse words spilling from his mouth like sweet whispers might fall readily from a lover’s mouth, Ashhal offers himself unwittingly. Jude might pity him if she wasn’t certain he knows exactly what he is walking into—a poorly disguised trap.

“Oh!” she gasps, that ghostly smile turning into the most pleasant of saccharine looks. “Darlin’, I sure give a shit.” Poor, sweet, accented Jude. She was never meant to have a strong will. She was never meant to have self control. Her desperate, tortured upbringing left her a shell of a personality—an oversexualised and confused girl finding comfort in that which will keep her from a head unprepared for the world.

But now? She found her identity, at the cost of what was left of a well-adjusted woman. Vicious and sweet, uncontrollable, perhaps even dangerous: she stands before Ashhal with a chest full of hidden pride.

“Why don’t you c’mere? I think I might recognize that furrow in your brow,” she coos, a sparkle of curiosity and mischief in her gaze.

@[Ashhal] >:) <3

I tried to sell my soul last night
    Funny, he wouldn't even take a bite

Honestly? She’s exactly his fucking type. Figuratively and literally. Walking face first into this encounter knowing exactly what to expect. And more importantly, what not to expect. Or, he could be reading too fucking much into it. Seems like the kinda bullshit he’s been on lately, at least.

His response to her sweetly delicate exclamation is nothing more than a narrowed gaze and the sneering curl of his lip. Not his goddamned problem if she wanted to give a shit about pointless things. Of course, that usually doesn’t stop him from mentioning it, but he’d have give a whole hell of a lot more damn than he currently does before he dug any further into that cesspit.

Though if they were talking about self control or having an actual personality that didn’t revolve around sex and violence, he is sure as hell the wrong guy for the job. Seems they had a lot more in common than what first met the eye. Not that they’d ever be likely to find out. After all, fucking one another doesn’t make them bosom beaus.

No, apparently you need a century of bullshit for that.

Her cooing suggestion draws a snort of amusement from him. The fucking furrow in his brow? Like hell. He doesn’t move in response to her invitation, but the dark gleam of his eyes suggest he’s more than a little interested. “And what the hell do you think my furrowed brow is telling you hmm?” he asks after a moment, his tone low and dangerous.

Jude quite likes the sneer Ashhal curls. She simply smiles and flicks a stray lavender lock from her face, curious in her own enigmatic way. He's so terribly handsome, with that bad attitude and serious face. She starts to remember now, the gray man from years ago that always looked like something was irritating him. He was one of the first encounters the pegasus had in Beqanna.

The smoky light in his eyes is all too endearing. Jude just wants to eat him up.

Ashhal doesn't come closer but she certainly does. One step, then two, then onto three, four, five. She's peering at him closely now, head tilted, that same lovely smile from before still lifting her lips. "Now you're gonna make me come to you?" she pouts, lip quivering in faux-distress. He might find her agitating, that little southern simper enough to grate on his nerves. Jude isn't for everyone - but if she isn't for Ashhal then . . . why! that just won't do.

"Do you need a release, darlin'?" she coos. Just like last time, though she doesn't exactly remember that part (probably her own deranged muscle-memory, right?). Jude doesn't come closer, not yet. She stands still, hip cocked daintily, tail swishing as if it's beckoning Ashhal to come here.

@[Ashhal] <3 she's wondering why her new boyfriend isn't in love with her already....?