• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  missing nap time; any

Alright self, this is home now. Time to like, mingle and shit. I’ve mostly stuck to my own family - they’re pretty damn perfect so it’s hard to rationalize spending time with anyone else. But kids are kids and they’re off playing in the ocean which is, at the moment, something I am not very good at. I intend to practice a bit more with the whole “not sinking like a stone” thing.

Today though, today I’m enjoying a nice walk on the beach. There’s big puffy clouds in the sky that occasionally give some reprieve from the sun but I don’t mind the heat - part of my day is usually spent napping in it! Like a cat. Except I am currently on the hunt for a new nap spot because yesterday I fell asleep on the beach and woke up to a crab pinching my ear. Which is the only non-bony part of me and is a little sensitive. When I opened my eyes there was a whole plague of them all over me!!!!

Okay maybe not a plague. But there were at least five.

So I’m walking on the beach to distract myself from the fact that it’s naptime but I have not yet found the perfect balance between enjoying the sunshine and not being harassed by crabs.

I’ve got my bony little legs crossed I see someone - because some conversation would just be the ideal distraction and help me keep my eyes open. They’re drooping a little bit as I walk but it’s fine. I don’t need nap time.

I’m fine.

v e l k a n

artwork by reitro
    Sande was interested in leaving the Island soon, now that her arrangements were in order, but each time she went to fill her tiny belly for the trip east some reason or another would prevent the dusty palomino mare from actually heading out on her journey. One day the weather hadn’t been right for it; mama had said a storm was brewing off-shore and when mama predicted a good rain you listened. Adria was hardly wrong about such things, which Sande had learned begrudgingly throughout the years. The next day had been too perfect to waste on a hard day's walk, so she stayed. Then another day passed, and another.

Now it was Autumn and the season of fertility was nearly upon them, and Sande began to feel like all of her brave words about leaving home to explore Beqanna were quickly turning into hot air. “Am I just a silly little lady, chat Satan? With my head full of empty dreams…” Sande asked herself and her companion, Leon, while the pair took a stroll along Ischia’s more populous beach.

Underhoof, the cat-like Fossa darted in between his maiden’s graceful steps and chittered in disagreement. She was not a silly little lady, he seemed to berate her. She was the daughter of (and half-sister to) the Dames of this island - anything she dreamed was possible.

Ou gen rezon, my heart.” Sande agreed with her companion, who was as much a physical manifestation of her soul as he was her constant friend and confidant. “How could I fail with you there to guide me? Come -” She doted, leaping ahead into a surprisingly elegant trot for a pony her size, “- I see someone up ahead. Let’s practice our politics.” Sande beamed, her white markings and cream-colored skin gleaming with youthful health as she made her way energetically toward @[Velkan].

Byenveni lakay!” She greeted the black, emaciated stallion at once. Perhaps he would recognize the familiar greeting - he smelled of Ischia, and Sande felt no fear approaching him despite the svelte black skin he wore and the antlers crowding each other for room on top of his head. Ischia was a safe haven and a small enough home that Sande had seen the black horse at least once. He may even know her, by association. “I’m Sande, one of Eva’s many relatives.” She giggled as fur rubbed against her hocks. “This is Leon - my companion.” She introduced the hefty male Fossa. “Would you like some company to-day?”

OOC: I went with the assumption that both of them would at least have knowledge that the other existed, since they live in the same place/have lived in the same place for a while now? But if you'd like me to change that i can Smile

Well thank the lucky stars someone came to save me from my fatigue and my aloneness! And not just one someone - but two. I am instantly fascinated by the creature that rubbed up against the palomino mare’s hocks and it takes just a little bit of effort to focus more on her, Sande, than Leon.

Just a little, though, because I am tickled pink to finally have a name to the face I have glanced here on the islands but never had a chance to meet.

“Sande! How wonderful to meet you, I’m Velkan. I’m Eva’s…” What’s the appropriate way to say ‘baby daddy’? Is there an appropriate way to say it? ‘Friends with benefits’ is a little crass and ‘Friends who occasionally make the prettiest babies you’ll ever see’ is too long. So I give up after a second of thinking. “Well I’m her friend and perhaps you’ve seen our children Donny and Millie running around causing some trouble - they’ve got antlers like mine but they are much cuter.” My eyes might be pitch black but they shine in the Ischian sunlight and with a bright smile.

“I would love some company!” And now my gaze flickers back down to Leon, my head tilting a little to the side as I do before I look back up at Sande. “What is Leon, if you don’t mind me asking? I’ve never seen a critter like him before!” The way I’m say it makes it pretty obvious I’m not repulsed or disgusted or any sort of negative emotion at all. I am curious! His fur looks so soft! And, bonus points, I’ve never eaten one of his kind before either so there’s no dark association within my mind!!! Which does not happen very often and I am very delighted whenever it does!

v e l k a n

artwork by reitro

@[Sande]  I'M SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO LONG