• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Never land inside my hand; Alcinder, any
    HELLO DARKNESS, MY OLD FRIEND

She watches with thinly veiled amusement as Draco and Ghaul navigate this very atypical encounter. But the shadowmare’s icy gaze narrows as she considers the ivory mare’s proposal.  It was strange, to say the very least, for a nomad with little to offer to throw herself into the proverbial fire for dealings between kingdoms.  If the woman had a death wish, that was one thing, but she wasn’t sure that was the woman’s true motive. The shadowmare was no fool.

Was Ilma?
    Or was she up to something?

“And what is in it for you, Ilma? Why would you volunteer to stay here as prey and receive nothing in return?” It made no logical sense to the shadowmare. There were those that considered themself to be altruists, but she knew that selfish desires lurked just below the surface in nearly all mortals.  And she suspected there was another motive here, and she did not like the idea of interference.  Especially if that interference originated in Loess.

“I imagine, as a diplomat, you can understand my hesitation. Such a deal is...suspicious,” she adds, cooly. It was the golden rule of diplomacy. Give and take.

”If you want to throw yourself to the wolves, so to speak, I won’t stop you. But that is your decision - not mine.”  The shadowmare will not take responsibility for this woman’s actions. That’s where she draws the line. She would not stand in the way of Ilma’s self destruction, but she would not condone it either.

“Just know if you are trying to play me, it will be the last mistake you make,” she didn’t bother trying to veil the threat. She meant every word.

She was not to be messed with.
    Those who tried would be dealt with.
    Swiftly.

A N A X A R E T E
    image credit 

i'd apologize for her being an asshole but. that's just the way she is.
    i have no idea who the fuck posts next either lmao

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Never land inside my hand; Alcinder, any - by Anaxarete - 02-26-2020, 08:55 PM