• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  lost in the woods; any
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

Though the springtime sun that shines down on her golden back is warm and the breeze just enough to tease gently at her navy mane, Lepis pays no mind to the perfect weather. She is blind to the rainbow of flowers at her hooves, for her blue-grey eyes are fixed unseeing at some distant point on the horizon. There are clouds growing there, the dun mare realizes in some unconscious part of her mind; it will be best to steer clear of the gullies this afternoon. Flash floods aren’t unheard of this time of year, and a heavy enough rainstorm can sweep away even an adult horse.

Lost in thought, she has been standing on this hill since sunrise, grazing now and again simply for something to do.

Heartfire is gone – missing? Leliana cannot cure a curse. Celina has not visited in a month. Pteron is growing quieter and more withdrawn, evasive in his answers about the scars he often wears. Oceane is likely due any moment. The lands of Beqanna are slowly being populated by the once-dead, and Lepis is no longer up to date with Beqanna’s political climate.

The dun mare shakes her head and stomps one foot on the hard red earth. She needs a distraction, Lepis decides, and the Pegasus descends from her little hill and heads toward the heart of Loess. She keeps an eye and ear out for company, wondering if perhaps she might run into Dracarys or Tipper or perhaps a Loessian she’s not yet met. Her striped legs are somewhat dusty from a morning run, and the pegasus decides that if she doesn’t run into anyone she’ll head toward one of the cooler springs for a bath before she settles down and sleeps through the afternoon storm that is building higher on the western horizon. 

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

@[any loess resident]