• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  between the lines of fear and blame
    He follows her gaze to where the mountain rises above the treeline. It’s a familiar sight, one he often uses to guide himself across the island, but he has not yet explored it. From Divest’s expression, seeing it up close might be worth the effort. It’s taken her some time to do, he infers, and she is just now returning. It makes sense then, that she doesn’t know much more about the newcomers than he does.

“I imagine they’ll stay at least a little while,” he replies, “Though I didn’t get a chance to ask.” The brindle stallion had not wanted to intrude on the mother and her children.

The green mare turns the question back to him, asking what he has been up to, and Blue gives her a smile and a half-hearted shrug. “Nothing really,” he answers, unembarrassed by the answer. Flying and swimming and running aren’t much of anything, after all. He’s not been participating in the territory enough to know if there is something else he should be doing, but Ruinam has not sought him out to request anything, so Blue is not concerned.

“Well,” he pauses after this single word, clearly reconsidering whether to continue. It takes a little moment of quiet, during which he shuffles his wings a little closer to his sides. “I did go to the Mountain. I saw a fairy.” There’s a bit of awe in his voice at the memory of the miniscule creature, glowing and bright and hovering in front of his very nose. “She told me to return and tell her what I have learned of families.” Blue’s gaze, which just now has returned to Divest’s silvery one, is cautiously excited. Is this something worth telling, his expression asks, is it something Divest might be able to help him with?

Messages In This Thread
    between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-23-2020, 10:09 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 01-27-2020, 07:59 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-02-2020, 02:13 PM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-13-2020, 08:17 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 02-19-2020, 08:48 AM
    RE: between the lines of fear and blame - by Gale - 03-05-2020, 08:38 AM