• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost my faith in wrong and right; Castile

Ilma
    And there's a lesson waiting to be learned
    the firestarters always get the burns
    and the good guys never get the girl

She’d said it, of course, as something that was equally stupid as what he had outed just before. As a joke, a thing that would never come to pass. She’d given it little thought, knowing what was about to happen in the near future - thoughts of any sort of leadership and being queen at that? No, not something for the near future. She shakes his head at him. ”Interesting it may be, I fear Nerine is the least of your worries.” In other words, it might be better if he let the whole north thing go. Not because they are the trouble, but because of the flanks that were left exposed by such movements.

She nods when he tells her about Sochi, agreeing that she doesn’t know the mare well. Still, she smiles a little when he tells her that he doesn’t know if she’ll ever have him back. ”Forever is a long time, and love is a strange thing.” she shrugs. Perhaps some cooldown time for the both of them would be enough - how long of a time that would be, the white mare could not say. But his promise about Oceane and the boy, she takes - looks him in the eye when she nods. ”I’ll keep you to that one.” Because he doesn’t know yet, and how can he - and telling him will only upset him now while it would distract him, and still leave him powerless.

She’s silent for a while, mesmerizing when he mulls over her question. “It’d be sad to see you go.” she tells him, gazing around her. ”Though I know you’d not go quietly.” she smirks a bit, thinking of the possible ways. His flame won’t be sniffed out easily nor quietly, she thinks. ”Have you thought of naming an heir then? It would perhaps be best if there wasn’t any fighting over the position.”

Fighting, after all, was bound to happen, but if Loess went into a succession war, more would be at stake than just the hill kingdom.

and shooting stars cannot fix the world

@[Castile]
    I’m so late sorry
    Any fool knows men and women think differently at times, but the biggest difference is this: men forget, but never forgive; women forgive, but never forget.
    Robert Jordan, Wheel of Time

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Lost my faith in wrong and right; Castile - by Ilma - 02-23-2020, 07:04 AM