• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

someone new - Warlight

There isn’t a time of day that Isilya doesn’t love and sometimes she will go days without sleep just so she can fill up her time exploring every single inch of Tephra. She knows that there’s other faces she still needs to meet as well and she’s hoping that if she stays up long enough, she won’t miss the chance to meet someone she has missed so far!

That’s not crazy, right?

On this night, warm and sweet like most in this tropical paradise, Isilya’s vines are draped in plump white wisteria blooms. She has a few of her bird friends with her tonight, crafted from leaves and flowers, and they glow a soft green to light the darkness. Not that she’s scared of the dark (well… maybe a little) but just to make it a little more friendly. Which pays off because she spots someone else in the jungle, and not just any someone - a new someone!

Isilya is automatically captivated by the antlers that she spies, thinking they’re one of her favourite ways that horns can be arranged. There’s just something so regal about them!

There’s no hesitation for this girl who’s coat shimmers in the gentle green light of the flower birds as she moves forward. “Hello there! I don’t believe we’ve met and I just could not pass up the opportunity.” A bright, open, and utterly friendly smile has practically illuminated her whole body as she comes to stand nearby the stranger. “I’m Isilya.”
    isilya
    image from flickr

@[Warlight] I hope you don't mind me making a new thread, I didn't want to interrupt the one with Aedan but wanted to post to her!!
    Warlight

Soul as sweet as blood red jam

In her moments alone, in her deepest sleep, it is easy to forget that she is no longer dead. Four years she had lived and one she had died, but the dying was harder to shake than the living had been, and the sun still hurt her eyes.

So although she had been bold and brazen in her first life, the leopard-skin warrior finds herself clinging to the shadows far more often than she had before. This loud and brash mare, who had never been called subtle, glides through the darkness like a creature who was made for it.

But her purposeful movement halts when a beam of jade light falls across her path, her blue-black eyes narrowing against the synthetic brightness. But any annoyance she may have felt never has a chance to manifest before she sees the subject, or the master, of the floating leaf lanterns.

The fairy queen herself seems to appear from the heart of the jungle, elegant and soft in ways that Warlight could only admire. And from her stronghold of darkness, admire she does - before the light falls on her too, and common courtesy puts an end to her wandering thoughts.

The stranger's voice is one to match her image and Warlight repeats the name with a dip of her crowned head, the warmth of her dark gaze falling briefly to the earth before rising again.

Will's features do not attempt to mirror those of her light-hearted companion's, for they would only be a poor reflection. But there is no threat in her stance, only curiosity, as a subtle, cheeky a smile plays on her freckled lips.

"I wasn't expecting company tonight, but I'm glad you didn't. I'm Warlight."

[Image: Warlightpageddoll1.png]

Although Isilya has never been shunned (to her face) there’s a little part of her that expects it. She’s still not quite used to interacting with others that can talk back in the spoken language. So much of her life was spent growing as a tree or as various woodland creatures as she learned their languages. Plants just always seemed so much simpler, so much more constant, than the world of horses.

But she is glad, so glad, that she has made a return.

She is not bothered that the antlered mare’s smile does not match her own intensity (few do!) - it would be rather boring if everyone went around smiling the same way! And, just as she delighted in the fantastic antlers atop this new friend’s head, she warms at the sight of that small and cheeky smile. It has been a pleasure to discover that each smile is unique and Isilya has found cause to love all the ones she as seen to date.

Her glowing flower-birds fly at a slow pace around them, keeping the two mares in their gentle green glow. Forming a small oasis in the darkness of the night.

“It’s wonderful to meet you Warlight! Have you arrived recently? Or am I a worse queen than I thought and we simply have not crossed paths yet?” It still feels a little strange for the shimmering mare to refer to herself as queen (part of her still thinks of Leliana as holding the throne) but she’s beginning to warm to the position a little more each day.
    isilya
    image from flickr
    Warlight

The soft glow of emerald light soon bathes them both equally, and Warlight a sense of contentment in her companion's presence. She doesn't remember now where she had been traveling with such purpose only moments before, entirely focused on enjoying the enchantment the oasis Isilya is creating for them.

A frog twangs in the distance, quickly echoed by his lover, and Isilya is quick to fill the night air with conversation. Her enthusiasm is boundless but seemingly genuine, and the bone-crowned mare relaxes back into one hip as she listens.

"Tephra is a bigger kingdom than I remember," she replies, "it's easy to stay out of sight, even if you aren't trying." Warlight had traveled to Tephra before her death, and she assumes it had already been locked to the mainland at that point. But she had been too sick, had a much too important mission, to remember much about the geography. No, the last she remembered visiting Tephra to see family and enjoy the tropical sunshine, it had been an island with far fewer hills and grasslands to call her own.

She doesn't show her slight surprise when her new companion mentions she is the Queen of the West, but her face does show the sense of relief she feels. Will guessed her few days spend in the kingdom without introducing herself would be more than enough to ruffle the feathers of some monarchs.

"Well you've made my life easier, I was going to go and look for the leader in the morning... I had figured it was best not sneak up on my new Queen in the moonlight." With this, that no-good smile flickers again in a way that hints that she wouldn't mind at all being contradicted. But she doesn't let the moment stretch for long. Instead, she attempts to put her companion's mind at ease.

"I've been here only a few days actually. I don't know if you have traveled north since then, but I got here the day the waterfall appeared."

This is, without a doubt, Isilya’s favourite way to spend a night - and precisely why she puts off sleep for as long as she can. She could have missed this chance to meet Warlight! One of the perks of being a queen, it would seem, is that it gives an excuse for conversation. As someone who lived on her own in a forest for almost three decades, this perk is something she can really appreciate.

A light, easy chuckle escapes her when Warlight mentions not wanting to surprise her new Queen at night. Isilya doesn’t mention that, if snuck up on, she does spook quite easily. She isn’t afraid of the dark necessarily but every so often when she’s not tuned into her surroundings she has been startled by the occasional jaguar... or mouse. “Well I am glad that we found each other by chance then! No sneaking required.”

Her eyes widen a little at the mention of the waterfall and for a moment, her gaze flickers to the north where she had noticed it. Part of her had wondered if she had just never happened across it before, and the other part wondered if Leliana was getting enthusiastic about her efforts to turn Tephra into a garden - complete with a water feature?

But, of course, she is not about to keep her attention anywhere else for long and her wide-eyed gaze comes back to Warlight, clearly showing her awe and wonder. “Oh! I was wondering about the waterfall! It felt, magical when I got near it. Did you see it appear? Did you make it??” She stops herself with just two questions, though it's difficult. She does not want to be rude but she hopes she can finally solve the mystery of the waterfall with Warlight's help!
    isilya
    image from flickr

@[Warlight]
    Warlight

"None at all," Will echoes between the chords of Isilya's musical laugh. Her companion's wide-eyed gaze refocuses on her, and the leopard-skin mare is pleased to have an answer ready.

"No, I didn't make it," she responds with a low laugh. "It was the magician Nikkia, have you met her?"

She had yet to shake the strangeness of that day, the day she was brought back to life and the first waters of the falls had splashed across her face. She had been dragged from the afterlife and her daily battles and asked to help and she hadn't ever thought of saying no. The sight of her brother's ghost had caused her to spring into the magical river without hesitation, only to later find that he was alive and well. But she can tell that her queen is barely holding back more questions, and she doesn't let these rambling memories or the quiet thoughtfulness that had come across her features linger.

Instead, Will lets her pale lips pull back into an agreeable smile (the influence of present company wearing off on her) as she remembers something else that may interest Tephra's Leader.

"I was told the waters have healing powers, although as of yet I haven't had the opportunity to test them," she says in a tone much lighter than hr usual, "and also that it will make the residents more... fertile."

The words had been so matter-of-fact when the grulla magician had relayed them, but Warlight feels a slight heat rise in her cheeks as she tells her midnight-companion the same thing. "I haven't had the opportunity to confirm that either."