• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove
    As intensely as she examined his blue-flickering hair, he admired her delicately painted skin. The dapples that lay scattered on her pale coat seemed to shine with their own inner light, and he found himself wondering if she would keep shining when the sun went down. 

An easy grin played across his lips when she spoke again, his head bobbing slowly up and down before answering. "Yeah, I really do." His voice earnest. Lying was not a concept he'd ever spent much time on. What was the point in saying what you didn't mean? And it was no trouble at all telling the truth when it came to such pleasant conversation. "He must be a hell of a looker, then," wings shrugged in a rustling of feathers. He'd never seen the guy, couldn't say one way or another who was the better looking. Still, one brow was raised in doubt that this brother could be any kind of competition for the pale, stardusted girl. 

His smile froze in place when she moved closer. Was she trying to touch him? A hard swallow pushed down his throat at the intention in her eyes. When was the last time he'd been touched? The lightning boy couldn't remember. Not since he'd been quite small, he was sure. With a suddenly dry tongue, the reply came out more thinly than he'd hoped it would. 

"No," a little cough, and he tried again. "No, they don't hurt. They just... tingle, I guess. I don't really notice anymore. Do-" he hesitated, then barreled on before he could change his mind. "D'you want to feel it?" He exhaled a long breath, his back still tight with anxious attention. 

He blinked in a bewildering blend of relief and regret with the changing subject. It was a topic he could run with though, confidence returning like the rising tide. "It's wonderful." His tail flipped like an excited colt's at the memory. "Are you busy? Why not go today?" He asked suddenly, the idea of a spontaneous trip striking him with a thrill. He was a homeless nomad, nothing stopped him from going where he wanted when he wanted. "Some day" was never guaranteed. Today was all he could promise, so why not make the most of it?

@[Dove]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ain't no grave gonna hold my body down // Dove - by Saphris - 03-01-2020, 06:41 PM