• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Any
    We got older and I should have known
    that I’d feel colder when I walk alone
    It is a strange tugging, a magician’s call, that brings him into Nerine.

He hasn’t been here for such a long time. Last year, he’d travelled along the border, favoring Lilliana’s call on the Taigan side. The invisible but certainly scent-able line between the lands always resulted in a few horse lengths of no-man’s-land, which he had decided to use to avoid having to explain himself to Heartfire or any other Nerinian resident. After all, he had disappeared from the face of the Beqannan island for a time, and never explained why. Or why he returned at the time that he did, in the way that he had.

But Nerine is on the way between the heart-shaped lake of Icicle Isle and Hyaline, on the way to the Mountain, so certainly he can make a stop here.

And stopping, he does, gazing at the unknown mare from a distance as he sees her shout at someone below the cliffs. Certainly if she used her voice that way, she wasn’t the one who had called in the first place, had she? And the tone, well - Heartfire had found yet another addition to Nerine.

At first, when he approaches, the figure below is hidden from even his dragon-sight - he doesn’t immediately register who it is, but the split second it takes to recognize the winged bay who loves to teleport takes far less long than his trotting movement in the southern direction that he was moving in, so he greets the pair with a nicker when he comes close. His scent is icy, as is his frosted body, the only pinch of salt on him coming from the northern sea he just passed through - slightly-not the salty-rock scent that is on Nerinians. The difference however, is ice versus sand, not easily recognized by anyone who hasn’t studied both places.

He knows he’s never seen the bald-faced mare before, but Brennen’s implication is enough to go by. Looking around, he doesn’t see many others than the ones just gathered here, but seeing as it was Brennen calling him, he suspects only relatives received the message - relatives and the new queen.

He grins a bit, looking at the both of them, chiming in before she can respond. ”My my, and they think to say I’m cold.” He suspects getting certain look from that remark, but he charges onward without paying attention to it, as was the one and only tactic that might save him from actual repercussions. ”I’m Leilan, just heading over from Icicle Isle. This old man is Brennen, Nerine’s Champion… I think.” He gives the bay a sideways look, slightly questioning. He hadn’t seen him for such a long time, the roan can’t exactly be sure what’s what, and if everything is still as it was. Certainly it isn’t wholly as it was here, or Heartfire would be greeting them, with more familiarity.

And thus, introductions are in order - introductions in which he’ll take the brunt of both their irritations if he can. After all, he’s only passing through, and it’d be better if they sided together against a common enemy than go for each other’s throats.

Not that they literally would, would they? If so, he’s in deeper trouble than he had estimated.
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Neverwhere] @[Brennen]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: give me hope in the darkness; Neverwhere/Any - by Leilan - 01-09-2020, 11:17 AM