• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [open]  where the wind’s like a whetted knife
    oceane
    to the lonely sea and sky

Aodhan explains his years spent in the Pampas and though Oceane tries her best to listen intently, the blue and purple pegasi can't help but to think about her second son, who — had he not met his demise in much the same way his older brother had — would be around the same age as the leopard appaloosa.

The last memories of her son, only days old, do not bring heart-wrenching anguish as they used to, though she can't help the cold melancholy that still sneaks like wintry tendrils from her heart.

Laughing quietly at the unexpected compliment from Alija, and at Aodhan's endorsement, Oceane draws her soft purple muzzle to the crux of her chest almost sheepishly. "That's very nice of you both," Oceane responds politely, but is thankful as the conversation turns to the other woman's family. The Loessian doesn't recognize any of the names that are soon mentioned, though she is acutely aware of the way Aodhan seems to step carefully around any suggestion of Carwyn.

Clearing her throat at a gap in the conversation, Oceane rustles her wings at her side and tosses the lavender forelock from her amber eyes. "If it isn't too much hassle, Aodhan, I'd like to join you. It'd be nice to see more of the Pampas," and to meet Noah. She had, after all, come to make herself better acquainted with those territories that fall under the protection of Castile and Loess.

@[Aodhan] & @[Alija] | "speaks"
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: where the wind’s like a whetted knife - by Oceane - 12-29-2019, 04:33 PM