• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost to the way we were
    sochi

The other mare looks at death with a reverence Sochi can understand. It is one of the simplest things in the world for her to understand—to truly know. In some ways, she’s carried it with her for her entire life. She’s worn is heavy across her shoulders. Felt the weight of it in her chest like stones. She’s known what it means to battle with it, to give into it, to command it. She has known all angles of it, to become it.

She no longer fears death the way that she used to.

Neither does she worship it.

Still, she understands that which flashes across the mare’s face and when she asks to come closer, she gives a brisk nod of her head—nearly dismissive in the casual way that she flicks her chin. At the question, she laughs, although the sound is not as dismissive as the motion. It is throaty as she rolls her feline shoulders and then, finally, shifts back into her equine form. The blood still runs down her chin and the feral look does not dim in the silver eyes anymore than it had in the yellow eyes of the tigress.

“I’m not sure you need me to explain it,” she finally says, the husk of her voice, her eyes moving to Jude’s and holding the gaze steady. “I am no less a predator like this than I was before.”

Sochi learned long ago that she did not need the heavy paws of the tiger to wear the title.

“You do not strike me as prey.”

well, I can try to get you closer but I know you’d break your neck just to see the stars
    and if we don’t dare to hold it then this reckless wandering love was never ours

[Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-19-2019, 11:46 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 12-20-2019, 12:55 AM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-20-2019, 01:38 AM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 12-27-2019, 06:37 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-29-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 01-02-2020, 11:50 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 01-08-2020, 07:58 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 01-09-2020, 12:35 AM