• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  lost to the way we were
    SOCHI

Sochi hardly ever feels herself in perfect harmony. More often than not, she feels herself spinning out into the unknown—content to let herself live within the spaces of her chaos, blind to whatever damage she may be causing herself by ignoring it instead of simply dealing with it properly. Perhaps she’s always been this way. Perhaps she simply learned to bury things deep within her when she was a young girl pretending to be a normal horse instead of one who preferred the feel of fang and meat to root and grass.

Ever since then, she has learned to live in the tangled mess of her life.

Harmonized or not.

“I have made a beautiful murderer,” she replies simply, her lips pulling into a smile although there was little warmth to be found within it. “Although you will find the murdered don’t always see it that way.” It felt odd to frame it in those terms—murder—but she knew she had done more than just hunt. In Carnage’s quest, she had felt that mare go down beneath her jaws. When he had called again, she had been one of the first to answer, the first to let Rhonen’s blood flood her mouth.

It wasn’t a clean hunt; she did not try to lie to herself about that.

Still, she makes a similar noise of agreement again when Jude mentions that she would like to hunt at her side. She had only hunted with a few others—the first being Daye—but she wasn’t against the idea. She wasn’t against finding a partner who could walk alongside her; who could feel the same thrill as her.

“I was born in Nerine, if that’s what you’re asking,” she muses, although it has been more than a decade since she called the kingdom her home. “I don’t know where I currently live.” She rolls a shoulder. “I guess Loess.” Although it was getting murkier and murkier what the future held for her.

she said a war ain't a war before both sides bleed

[Image: sochi.png]

I was less than graceful, I was not kind
    be out watching other lovers lose their spine

Messages In This Thread
    lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-19-2019, 11:46 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 12-20-2019, 12:55 AM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-20-2019, 01:38 AM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 12-27-2019, 06:37 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 12-29-2019, 06:34 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by sochi - 01-02-2020, 11:50 PM
    RE: lost to the way we were - by peregrine jude - 01-08-2020, 07:58 PM