• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli]

K

oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream...

So you don't just make dreams then? My sides ripple with laughter at sweet Lilliana's unbarred shock. How apparent her emotions! So different from stoic Solace, yet as loveable, as precious. A wave of tomfoolery urges me to shock her more, to splash her with water made from air or to craft sunsets on her hide, but the conversation at hand bades me act civil. Nonetheless, a mischievous smile adorns my face, it which wears the shadows cast by my crown above. Is there anything you can't do?

"Between you and me, Lilli," I whisper, leaning in towards my coconspirator, "I haven't found anything to stop me yet." A wink sends me back to my upright position, brutal in its suggestivity and vagueness. And yet it's true! Ever since reawakening from death, I've had a grasp over this... power. Not magic by nomenclature, but by definition...

As the mare opposite me lifts her head to consider the exact nature of the trouble she finds herself in as of late, I study her. Her countenance (regal and sloped, beautiful in its transparency), the rise and fall of her dreamer's chest, the way she studies the skies as though she might one day paint them herself. What she says lends itself to this understanding I have of her. A misguided, motherly part of me feels proud to hear that politics become her; I had no hand in shaping her personhood, yet I glow to hear of her development.

"Ah-hah," I chortle at her last question. "You have no idea. I could talk your ear off about the history of political and fantastic oscillation that is Beqanna, that has made her from the ground up and back down again - but, to put things concisely, I will only tell you this:" My ears perk, voice lowering. "Keep your loved ones close and remember that you may remove the expectations you have placed upon yourself at any time. Whatever precarities Beqanna may throw at you, escape exists... if you choose it." A booming laugh and yet another wink break up the solemnity of my spiel. "But who wants that boring of a life, anyway?"

Chuckling, I close my eyes and absorb the warmth of this moment. My emotional sun basking goes on for a moment too long and I doze off by accident (you would be surprised how easy it is to dream without meaning to when dreaming becomes almost indecipherable from reality). In the golden haze of my momentary slumber, two threads of consciousness brush against mine. Dreamers? But Lilliana is awake --

My eyes snap open.

"Lilli," I murmur, wondering if she caught the changes in my expression which took place as I registered the meaning of what I'd just felt, "I think there may be more going on in your life right now than you realize..." I step closer. "I can show you." The ground shifts with me as I approach, bending, demonstrating its will that we be gone to another realm. Images of the family she'd shown me in a dream so long ago bob to the surface of my mind's eye; the words you may expect more family soon sizzle tangibly on my lips but remain unspoken, awaiting input from the mother-to-be.

[Image: kag]
    dreamweaver

Messages In This Thread
    RE: oh me oh my, i thought it was a dream... [lilli] - by Kagerus - 02-09-2020, 05:14 PM