• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

is there a part I haven't found; any
    “What would you do,” she asks, “if you could? Would you go back?”  and he can almost hear the unspoken words. 

Would you face your monster, your demons?

His brow furrows at the question, although he had already made up his mind. He notices, in the short silence, that his usual covering of frost had melted during the heat of their interaction. But from his sweat and the particles of magic around them, it begins to reform - filling the air with the delicate sound of ice interlocking before he breaks the silence.  

"I would," he replies. His is voice stronger now, more sure than it has been for the length of their encounter. But it is not bravery that makes him say such a thing. 

This place and what happened there, it is a missing piece from his life. Later, he will ask himself why. Why would he want to visit a place where he had suffered?  He does not think he will find enjoyment, but it calls to him regardless. There is a darker curiosity that draws him back to what he has run from his entire adolescence. Violence had forced him to look the terrible thing in the face and now he finds he wants to see more - and in the shadow of this woman, with small tremors still ricocheting across his body, it feels right to explore such things.
    cleganetransparent

Messages In This Thread
    RE: is there a part I haven't found; any - by Clegane - 06-06-2020, 05:10 PM