• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

The secret of walking on water; Neverwhere

Eurwen
    the secret of walking on water
    is knowing where the rocks lie
    The mare before her is perhaps the only one who appears to not care about anything; appears - surely she cares about something, be that her meal or her irritation at walking skeletons.

Eurwen isn’t phased. She knows her cousin too well to be bothered by the silent stare she receives, knows what the Plague did to others too well to be bothered by the way she looks. The otherwise not-that-healthy looking spotted mare’s eyes are bright, pretty much the only think about her that currently has this feature. Inky pools focus on the icy ones, and she smiles a little at the mare.

She looks like the family she hasn’t seen in years.

The other finally introduces herself, preceding it by a comment that slightly widens the dotted mare’s smile. ”I’m not. But I have crawled out some ungodly hole, so I’ve missed a lot of the comings and goings of Nerine.”

Assessing the silver-dappled skin of the other mare briefly, she looks to Neverwhere. ”You’re similar to my family in so many ways. I think you fit right in.” It may be a weird sort of compliment, but it is what it is.

She has a question, but she holds off - she was always more interested in diplomacy, and besides, if Neverwhere had only ever been talking to Heartfire before, then she probably wasn’t used to someone talking as much as three sentences and a question.

@[Neverwhere]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The secret of walking on water; Neverwhere - by Eurwen - 11-28-2019, 02:48 AM