• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Lost in the deep end // Lilli

something in the wind has learned my name
    and it keeps telling me that nothing is the same

Oh, Tyr.

There is something you have to know about my flower child. Her word, something that she has been taught to rarely give (her affection, her laughter, her smiles she beams like sunshine but her promises are frequently kept to herself), because her word is something that matters. Promises made to her have been rarely kept in her lifetime and with each broken promise, Lilliana has learned how important it is to keep hers.

So she doesn't make promises she can't keep.

Your safety, a safe harbor beneath the imperial redwoods, is something she gave her word on. There are many places of doubt in her life but she will not allow Taiga to be one of them. Despite the fog that this place is famous for, she doesn't let uncertainty cloud her hopes for her home. Taiga is not meant to be a place for struggle. The trees that stand proudly above her will not tolerate it (or so she dreams for this forest).

She has given you her word and as far as she is concerned, Lilli is determined to see it kept.

He grins and her mouth pulls into an unfamiliar frown, something that still feels foreign after all those winter months hidden away. (She hadn't smiled then either but her mouth hadn't tugged downward as it does now, hadn't been pulled away from the pull of gravity that often kept it upward.) Lilliana simply lets the silence linger and lets it speak for itself of her determination. The chestnut mare lets the subject gracefully drop and instead turns her mind towards the east, in leading the celestial stallion to a place where he might find some refuge.

Her stride is slow and while his is slower, Lilliana doesn't mind. Each step she makes has a deliberate sound - the crush of pine needles beneath her hooves, the stroke of a fern against her crimson skin, the snap of a twig against her - things she uses alongside her voice to use as a guide for him. (She wishes the breeze would cooperate and keep her scent downwind to allow him better ability to follow but the ability of her ancestors is not her gift to give.)

"I suppose your right," she concedes into the springtime air. "I just...," and Lilliana pauses, struggling to find the right words. "Sometimes I feel this place hum beneath my hooves," the chestnut mare keeps walking but warmth (love) floods her voice, affection softens her face into a thoughtful expression. "It's like I can hear the trees whisper." A rather embarrassed smile tugs at her face then and Lilli looks over shoulder to the stallion who follows behind her, "Silly, I know."

The Diplomat keeps walking but she is listening as well, an ear kept back for Tyr and there is a fair amount of fascination as she listens. "Is there a reason?" she asks before she realizes that the question that escapes her might be something too personal for Tyr to share. Lilliana sees another corner ahead and says, "I-" Its the start of an apology but instead, she offers, "I never wanted to leave my home. It's rather a curiosity for me, to learn what has driven others out into the world."

LILLIANA

Image by Bronze Halo

@[Tyr] i'm not sure what this is but i wanted to get something up
    but it's all in the past, love
    it's all gone with the wind

Messages In This Thread
    Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 11-19-2019, 08:46 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 11-21-2019, 08:07 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 11-22-2019, 05:03 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 11-29-2019, 11:53 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by Tyr - 12-03-2019, 07:00 PM
    RE: Lost in the deep end // Lilli - by lilliana - 12-05-2019, 10:06 PM