• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  peace is a bird who sings

“Anaxarete,” she says in that soft way of hers, with a slow smile that lifts at the edges of her lips as the shadow queen appears before them. She liked the familiarity of it on her tongue, and the way it tasted like it was spun of nostalgia. She has almost found a place here in this new version of Beqanna, but she missed the old – she missed the Valley, she missed all the names that had become familiar to her, she missed situations like this where introductions were not necessary.

But she falls quiet, and instead she glances to the side to Aedan, and with a tilt of her head she beckons the young boy forward. “Anaxarete was queen of the Chamber, once,” she explains to him, and to Isilya too, she supposes, since while it was clear she has met Anaxarete she is not entirely sure if she knows her. This becomes all the more apparent when the Tephra queen excitedly describes what Ryatah can only assume are the xenomorphs, and her impossibly dark eyes flit to Ana’s knowingly with a slight tip of her delicate head. “I’ve always known Ana to be a great caretaker, so that does not surprise me in the least.”

She still isn’t sure why Anaxarate had picked Ripley, of everyone, to change. Perhaps it was just by chance, an opportunity that arose that the shadow magician couldn’t pass up. The thought of Ripley creates a strange twinge in her chest, but she feels no resentment; she cannot blame Anaxarete for simply being who she was, just as she never blamed Carnage, or Atrox, or anyone else.

From her place alongside Isilya she walks, and while the other mare talks she finds her gaze traveling across Pangea – maybe hoping that somewhere she would find two familiar galaxy-colored figures lingering. She forces her attention back to the task at hand, especially when she feels the weight of silence and Isilya’s eyes on her. Luckily, she has done this far too many times, and they were almost always the same. “An alliance with Pangea sounded far better than being enemies,” she says, and is only slightly teasing. “If you’re interested, of course. I’m not sure what kind of plans you have for Pangea.”

Ryatah
    even angels have their wicked schemes

I forgot about this cause I'm the WORST so here's a fast reply before I forget again lmao

Messages In This Thread
    peace is a bird who sings - by Isilya - 11-17-2019, 05:44 PM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Ryatah - 11-20-2019, 03:19 AM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Aedan - 11-25-2019, 08:54 PM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Anaxarete - 11-30-2019, 11:37 AM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Isilya - 12-09-2019, 02:02 PM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Ryatah - 12-19-2019, 03:07 AM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Aedan - 01-02-2020, 11:48 AM
    RE: peace is a bird who sings - by Anaxarete - 01-10-2020, 09:41 PM