• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    light a candle, cast a shadow
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    She doesn’t move, and it concerns him.

For a long time, she doesn’t move a muscle, and in her expression her concentrations and inner battles show. Nevertheless, he doesn’t dare to move either - he wants her to learn, to cope with her ability on her own. To live with the fact that she must sometimes eat meat, and must sometimes kill to survive, she’ll have to do this first step alone.

But she is not alone. She has shadows to help her, and of course a surrogate father. Although he knows it is conflicting for her to have to hunt, and therefore her shadows don’t really want to hunt (she doesn’t see them as part of herself, but he does), it is not something she has to do alone. In fact, when the hare runs out and she hesitates, for her sake, he does not.

She runs after the animal weakly, but his breath, being a ‘weapon’ of range as opposed to tooth and claw, reaches it just she gives up. The young animal gets itself frozen, stuck to ice and if Leilan had cared to let it suffer, it would have suffocated in a layer of ice. Mid-jump, it looks encased in an ice statue, but it won’t get the time to feel any of the cold.

A snap of his teeth kills the animal as quickly as possible. The ice drake cleans his teeth before turning to the lion cub, who no doubt will look at the scene in shock or something close to it, he thinks. ”Rules four and five. No hunting for fun, and if you need to, make it quick.” He lowers his nose to nudge her. It’s more than enough lessons for one day, he knows. If only it hadn’t been vital for her to learn it so quickly, it might have come more gradually and naturally.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Beryl]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-17-2019, 02:28 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-21-2019, 09:06 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-23-2019, 07:37 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-25-2019, 03:48 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-04-2019, 11:54 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-11-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-13-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-16-2019, 11:08 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-22-2019, 02:55 PM