• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    light a candle, cast a shadow
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    His amused question - his amusement at all - is lost on the foal-cub, the moment as much a surprise for her as it had been on him. It is not a trick, everything about her body language says, and he then realizes that she probably doesn’t know how to shift back.

Honestly, he isn’t entirely sure how shifting works either. Though if he were to guess, it must have something to do with wanting or feeling like the other form. When she jumped, she was on the hunt, after all.

But it sounds like a complicated thing to tell her now, and besides, she’s readily upset with the questions he asks about her parents - the visions she creates in the shadows, then, they are truly terrifying; especially for a child her age. It does confirm his suspicion about her parentage, to know she went to Pangea to find her father, but if truly these beasts live there, he wouldn’t want to risk bringing her either. And there is word of a new ruler - it’s likely that Lie is no longer out there at any rate.

He reaches out to the cub, pulling her close. ”We’re not going, snowflake. We’re gonna stay right here together, I promise.” And he’ll find a shifter to help her learn control. Perhaps Jesper would be available.

With the immediate spike of fear being solved, he is quiet for a moment as his nose brushes the top of her feline head, then decides now is a good time to try a different approach to food. ”I’ll find you some help with the shifting. In the meantime, I think we can try new food.” He smiles a little, prodding her side playfully.

Let’s hunt, he thinks, wondering if she’d guessed yet, what this change could mean for her.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Beryl]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-17-2019, 02:28 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-21-2019, 09:06 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 11-23-2019, 07:37 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 11-25-2019, 03:48 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-04-2019, 11:54 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-09-2019, 12:47 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-11-2019, 11:33 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-13-2019, 11:12 AM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Beryl - 12-16-2019, 11:08 PM
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow - by Leilan - 12-22-2019, 02:55 PM