• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  we don't need the light, messiah

— don't be afraid, the shadows know me —
    She didn’t leave the shadowy comfort of Taiga all that often, but today she has decided to make an exception. She had been born in the coolness of the forest, on a bed of pine needles and surrounded by her father’s darkness. And from that day forward she had been content to just be with her family; her multiple older siblings and half-siblings, with all their shadow tricks and games, and of course her parents. She has seen the world but only from their veiled portals, through the shaded lense of the shadow realm that they often traveled.

She tried not to think about how she had nothing. She held no type of power over the shadows – not even the ability to blend into them, or at least, not to extent that they could. And where her father and most of her siblings had eyes of a bright yellow, hers were a simple amber-gold. She wasn’t jealous; she loved her siblings more than anything, she just wished she could be more like them

Here in the meadow, even on the outskirts where the trees still clustered, it almost seemed too bright. She blinks her golden eyes, tucking her delicate nose towards her chest in an attempt to shield herself from the blinding glow of the sunlight reflecting off the snow. She does not see him approaching, and his footsteps are muffled enough that she does not hear him until he speaks. It startles a gasp from her throat, her eyes widening and flying to his face in alarm as she stumbles backwards a step. “I didn’t...I didn’t see you, I’m sorry.” She knows she is stammering, and she can feel a heat rising to her cheeks. Taking a steadying breath, she levels her gaze with his once more, trying to not notice that he was strikingly beautiful, with the pale gold of his skin and the halo that illuminated his face. “My name is Eternal.”
    Eternal