• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've never fallen from quite this high; andrea pony
    finger trips across my cheek----------------
    ----------------kiss me until i can't speak

Beneath him, the world begins to brighten. Pteron has been flying for hours without any particular destination, wheeling in circles on winter winds. They are stronger than those in the summer, but colder too, and when he finally does land in the heart of the meadow there is ice stiffening his feathered wings and his blue-green mane. The tobiano spends some time cleaning the ice from his feathers, and when that is done they tuck up tightly against his sides, a barrier against the mid-winter chill.

The Meadow is no colder than Taiga, and yet the open wind that blows across it chills the tender skin of his nose so that he tucks it beneath one wing. From there, he can still look out at the snow-covered meadow and the horses that dot it. There are few about, so early in the morning, and those that are have the look of creatures that spent the night. They huddle together for warmth in little clusters of two or three, and the steam rising from the nearest group is appealing. One of them laughs, a bass rumbling that has Pteron’s blue ears pricked curiously, but his companion casts a wary eye toward Pteron. The dun shrugs and looks away – he is not itching for a fight.

It might warm him though, he thinks, better than waiting for the sun to rise and do it for him.

The rising will be soon though, if brightness in the east and the steady shift toward yellow light is any indicator. The sky, though dark yet, looks cloudless, and Pteron finds himself hoping for a sunny day.

-- pteron --

@[Andrea] xoxo