• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

what's past is prologue // raul
    They watched the snow drift for a moment, let it gather on their backs and melt on their breath. Everything was so still. When it snowed, it seemed as if the rest of the world faded away, and left only what could be touched behind. 

The crunch of the stuff beneath his feet seemed louder than it might have otherwise, every with as subtle a movement as shifting his weight. The silence was heavy. Typically, the buckskin did not mind quiet. Often, he preferred it. This felt different, though. There was something on his son's mind, and he waited to see if it would come out. 

The winged youth spoke, and Raul sighed. So they had finally come to it. Family. It was a difficult subject at the best of times, but it needed so be broached. Now was as good a time as any. He nodded, marshalling his thoughts into order. "Yes. We do." The stern lines of his face deepened in thought. 

"Quite a lot of family, if you really want to know. The dragons of the South. King Castile is the one who sired myself and my twin. I have a number of siblings, none of which I have spoken with recently, though you are welcome to seek them out if you wish. You may have cousins, I do not know. My mother, your grandmother, is not a sociable mare. I would not suggest seeking her out, though I believe she did know your mother's mothers." 

He swallowed hoarsely, unused to such lengthy speech. Yet there was more. There was always more. One more question, and this at least was an answer he knew for certain. "You do not. Not by me, and from what you have told me, I do not believe by your dam." There wasn't time. 

His throat tightened, voice more gravely than usual as he spoke. With a guarded expression, he waited too what the winged lad would have to say to these revelations. Clegane had been born into a tangled family tree, something his sire had done his best to keep at bay. But there it was, and the boy could do with it what he wanted. 

@[Clegane]

Messages In This Thread
    what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 11-13-2019, 05:52 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 11-20-2019, 10:53 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 11-27-2019, 05:09 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 12-04-2019, 02:52 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 12-12-2019, 01:53 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Raul - 12-13-2019, 10:37 PM
    RE: what's past is prologue // raul - by Clegane - 12-19-2019, 04:02 PM