• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i think your love would be too much, any
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    There is a moment of recognition when he gives his answer in the other stallion, and Leilan likes to believe he’s not the only one doing certain stupid things in life. Perhaps the only one with a certain combination of stupid things, like this wandering thing, some fairy-prodding, dragon-prodding, and stupid jokes all in one, where others might do other stupid things. Whatever this young man’s combination was, there was a small overlap to be found, like there probably was with other horses as well - and it makes it easier to be understood. He’s met some others who never seemed to grasp the way he thinks, after all.

Since he can’t remember what in the face of this stallion is it that reminds him of something - and that it is likely that the other doesn’t know him - he concludes maybe this guy is related to someone he knows. He’s about to ask for names of relatives, when the subject of family makes him smile - the painted young man said he could never leave them, and the fondness in his face makes clear that he is luckier in his family relationships than Leilan himself. It gives him a slight pause, in which the subject changes, that Leilan is from somewhere not in the south.

To that he grins, and listens to the man naming his wife Starsin, and the Plague. Ah, yes, the Plague. The frosted roan shakes is head at the thought. ”I’m from… Nerine I think is the easiest answer? Or the Jungle, pending who’s asking, but that’s a long time ago. I claimed Icicle Isle when the Plague hit, but I’ve since given rule to my brother in arms, Jesper. We lived in Ischia for a time as the new Brotherhood under Brennen... Anyway, I call Hyaline’s snowy mountaintops my home these days, although I’m taking a sabbatical in Icicle Isle once more. Ice Fairy orchestrated that.” he rambles on about the places he lived, and realizes he hasn’t made it easier. With a bit of a guilty smirk on his face, he focuses on the blue eyed tobiano. ”I’m just no good at sitting still. That’s how one loses track of any family members, I guess.” He makes a face. ”Or an unfaithful wive.”

A sigh follows and he assesses Loess, thinking it best not to touch that subject - but it is easy to spill his thoughts to someone he doesn’t really know, and who doesn’t know him. ”Castile is from Nerine-or-the-Jungle too. But he did much better. Well not at first, but now. Told him to go if he really needed to find his kids… he never came back north.” And that, he supposes, made him lose track of his friends.

Is it really one thing or the other? He wonders now.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i think your love would be too much, any - by Leilan - 11-15-2019, 03:21 AM