• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Never fallen from quite this high; Adria

-Adria-

Her bull-headed stallion… ah, she adores him. There is everything inside of Jakub that so many - no, all of her previous suitors had been lacking in small, nearly insignificant ways. But when she peers up into the dark, haunted depths of his lovely blue eyes those minor differences seem all the much larger. Brennen had been a comfort but no true love to her. Ruinam a father and political asset; more than that because she considered him one of her dearest friends. But Jakub is not afraid to confront the evil in the world and he had come to her aid (to Ischia’s aid) when others would not.

When it might have cost him everything to do so.

“I know.” She laughs at his words and tilts her cheek into the warmth of his satin black nose. “I am so very, very glad you looked. I owe you more than a simple thank you.” The little water mare hummed just above a whisper. Like he does, she feels that same warmth when he touches her and above that a strong desire for many more of his touches. Were she the coy child of her youth, Adria might turn a bashful eye away from him but now? She sees no logical reason for it.

If she is being honest with herself, her decision to leave Ischia in younger, more capable minds had solely been anchored in her desire to be with Jakub and be away from the strain of politics. How could she have known, though! That Vulgaris would do what he did - that Leliana would abandon her people and Tephra into the grasps of a tyrant?! It makes her sad to think an extended vacation with him, her minotaur knight in midnight armor, would not come as soon as she had hoped. “My family owes you - I,” The trembling in her voice hitches, “I can never repay you for standing alongside me that horrible day. Please,” The sea mare begged, “name your price and I will happily pay it.”

Oh my love, don't forsake me; Take what the water gave me

@[Jakub]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Never fallen from quite this high; Adria - by Adria - 11-11-2019, 11:54 PM