• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Tell me your stories; Popinjay
    Her muscles constricted and released as they ran freely through their home, no predetermined destination, no orders to follow, no politics or duties to run to. Her breaths deepen, despite not having worked this hard in quite a while they came easily, steadily. The mother and daughter duo came to a walk amongst the broken carcass of Taiga. Where the rest of the great woods had rebirthed and thrived after the great fire, this place had remained as a reminder of what the ancient place had survived. A mark upon the land that screamed there was nothing that could break it completely. Lethy's purple eyes watched the brilliant sunrise ignite the fire stricken meadow, beauty finding it's way into even the most devastated of places.

Her attention drifted to Poppy as she exclaims her adventures, having been everywhere. She finds herself recognizing the excitement behind the statement. Her daughter informs her that her adventures included lava, the red scars glared defiantly at Lethy as she listens to the end of Poppy's tale. Her brow crinkles as she remembers the current of electricity that had passed between them earlier. Maybe her conclusion was not exact. Had it been a misconception to believe the air had simply been dry? She was not as niave as she had been years ago just arriving on Beqanna's shore. Magic was everywhere in Beqanna, in fact she herself had just been called away by a feeling to participate in a quest. Seeing her first born daughter, an impossibility in any other place.

Maybe her daughter had had a similar experience. As much as Lethy pushed aside the idea, her daughter was growing up. She would undoubtably have her own experiences. It was not her place anymore to protect her from such things. She smiled softly at the girl, Well, I hope you had fun. Those marks will surely make it difficult to forget. he own scar pulsed softly across her face,  she only hoped her daughters scars would bring back hood memories and not painful ones like her own. Should we go wake the others? Maybe you and Owin can take over the rest of my border patrol this morning. she said with a half cocked smile before turning back towards the way they came, the ever rising sun warming her back.
    forget me not; but never remember
    Lethy

@[Popinjay]
    IMG-20190524-092123-677

Messages In This Thread
    Tell me your stories; Popinjay - by Izora Lethia - 11-04-2019, 09:46 PM
    RE: Tell me your stories; Popinjay - by Popinjay - 11-06-2019, 09:56 AM
    RE: Tell me your stories; Popinjay - by Popinjay - 11-13-2019, 11:44 AM
    RE: Tell me your stories; Popinjay - by Izora Lethia - 11-17-2019, 02:04 PM