• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    I've seen monsters chasing dreams; any

IT'S NOT POWER THAT MAKES YOU THE STRONGEST

She wants to spend time with the daydreamy mare, who smiles so prettily and reaches down to smell the flowers. The grulla mare even drags her suspicious gaze away from the stallion to give her a little smile of her own, though she’s not certain what exactly the compliment is for – it doesn’t even occur to her that she might have carried her scars back from Death, and she tends to forget their existence anyway. Still… “Thank you,” she says gently, and turns back to the loud creature. Before the angry young man has a chance to reply, the trio becomes a foursome. There’s a lizard, then a very large lizard, then a horse standing there, his face uncertain.

Starbrow is jumping away almost comically slowly; the warrior-mare would be freaking out if she didn’t have some sort of rogue magic guiding her that tells her he pronbably isn’t a threat. Nikkai turns a long, assessing glance at the stallion, assuming he is a resident by the way he speaks of the Pampas. She wants to respond, question him about what it has become, but the black stallion has calmed somewhat and begun to speak, and there’s Starbrow to think of. Reaching out, she brushes her nose briefly against the mare’s shoulder in an attempt to offer comfort, even keeping an ear on the younger man. He asks the way to the Forest, but this is not a place that she is familiar with.

It didn’t exist when she lived the first time; and certainly she doesn’t know her way around the New Beqanna. “I don’t think you’re being too loud,” she tells the black mare, and catches the newcomer’s green eyes over her back as if daring him to say otherwise. “I also don’t know the way to the Forest. I only know the Pampas, because the world has reshaped itself since last I was…here. Perhaps this young man can give you directions, so you can stop disturbing the peace here.” She turns expectant brown eyes on the appaloosa. She’d rather spend time making sure that he is taking care of her homeland, but something about Kradle still keeps her tense and uneasy.

Nikkai

@[Starbrow] @[Aodhan] @[Kradle]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I've seen monsters chasing dreams; any - by Nikkai - 11-13-2019, 11:17 PM