• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
    light a candle, cast a shadow, Leilan [pt.4]
    You’re uncontrollable
    and we are unlovable
    Odds are she won’t make it. The thought crosses his mind more than once - basically each time that she stumbles and he has to catch her so she doesn’t fall into the wet snows. It seems forever until they get there; he wishes he had something to carry her with, but thinks that if he tried and his teeth scraped her, then she would surely die from the cold and loss of hot (or at this point, slightly warm-ish) blood and nutrients. He doesn’t risk it, and so, there’s nothing to do but shelter her a bit and take her to his home.

She doesn’t seem to notice where they are going, but he does. They reach the rocks he’d built his ice walls in between and on top, and he leads her inside in the same way he lead her through the snow. A corner is where she’ll end up; no wind, no snow, just rocks and ice walls surrounding her, as well as a makeshift ice roof. It’s pre-made, but he checks it once again as he ushers her to lay there.

His own thick scales are cold, but less so on his belly. So he lies next to her, knowing it’s not much, but mostly he’s afraid that to leave her alone might mean she passes on silently if he’s not here to wake her up. Winter is no season for such a small child; especially not a wet one, and especially not without shelter on the northern half of Icicle Isle, of all places.

Perhaps if she wakes again he’ll be able to tackle the issue of food - but it’s not a priority right now. He can’t be in two places at once.

and I don’t want you to think that I care
    I never would, I never
    could again
    Leilan
    no. 7 | ice forged in fire

@[Beryl]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: light a candle, cast a shadow, Leilan [pt.4] - by Leilan - 11-05-2019, 11:43 AM