• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the savior of the broken; any
    again you’re gone, off on a different path than mine
    i'm left behind wondering if i should follow

The two of them seem bound in a spiral of uncertainty, neither able to reassure the other. The answer that he gives her – that his throat is healed but that he was not always a boy – is no less disconcerting than the rest of their conversation, and he will find no explanation in her bewildered face.

Shifting she knows, but shifting sexes? Surely that’s some sort of magic, and would a magician – even a young one – ever be killed by something as menial as a panther? Lepis has no answers, and she is no small amount of grateful when the marbled boy speaks of his mother and his home rather than whatever it is that might have happened to him.

Kensa and Hyaline, those are things she knows. Well, know of, anyway. Her memories of the mountainous land are not positive ones, but the sabino mare’s name is well known. Perhaps less so now that her kingdom has become merely a territory ruled by an unknown entity in the Pangean wasteland, Lepis thinks. Still, the dun woman cannot imagine that the other mare is unconcerned about the absence of her child, especially if the boy has been gone for these many months.

“Perhaps you mother might know what’s happened to you?” She proposes hesitantly. Lepis certainly wouldn’t have an explanation as to why one of her daughters might suddenly become a son, but she knows all to well what it is like to lose a child to something out of her control. “I’m sure she is worried about you.”

@[risk]

LEPIS
    i’m the one who sees you home--
    but now i’m lost in the woods

and i don’t know what path you are on

Messages In This Thread
    the savior of the broken; any - by Risk - 11-01-2019, 01:15 PM
    RE: the savior of the broken; any - by Lepis - 11-02-2019, 10:23 AM
    RE: the savior of the broken; any - by Risk - 11-20-2019, 01:15 PM
    RE: the savior of the broken; any - by Lepis - 11-23-2019, 01:22 PM
    RE: the savior of the broken; any - by Risk - 12-01-2019, 11:52 PM
    RE: the savior of the broken; any - by Lepis - 12-08-2019, 09:50 AM